• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce 02 Sideskirts and Door Panels

In making some changes to my 95 I am planning on adding the 02 skirts/panels and, given the positive feedback I found I Prime for DF, thought that I would go with their 02 skirt/panels since I don't want to drill any holes in the doors or fenders. For those of you who have used the DF side skirts (stacy or otherwise) how are they holding up? My only concern is using FRP (DF) versus ABS (OEM) and durability, fit and finish don't appear to be an issue. Obviously, the DF kit is cheaper than OEM, but I am more focused on not drilling into the car than the cost of the parts. Are the FRP parts just a temporary solution or are they pretty sturdy in the long run as long as you don't hit anything? Does the paint "spider" or do anything different than it would on ABS? Thanks again for the input, Prime, much appreciated!:redface:

I installed my Downforce 02 side skirts a few weeks ago and they fit great.

Keep in mind the "FRP" also has carbon fiber-reinforced corners. They don't flex and are very 'solid' and sturdy.

After looking at one of our shop cars that have the OEM 02 skirts, when you 'knock' or press on the skirt, it is solid and actually dosn't feel like plastic. The Downforce skirt is of high quality and also has the sturdyness (if not more) than OEM and mount in the OEM locations using the stock brackets.

We at FXMD highly recommend the Downforce Piece.

Hi,

I've had mine on for 18 months, used in all weathers, washed and waxed as per the rest of the car and no issues during this time. On fitment I did find a small amount of difficulty aligning the seals, but a bit of TLC and all was well.

Whether you go for OEM of DF, be sure to mount the door panel accurately otherwise it will get caught in the front fender and get damaged.

HTH, Paul

Hi,

I've had mine on for 18 months, used in all weathers, washed and waxed as per the rest of the car and no issues during this time. On fitment I did find a small amount of difficulty aligning the seals, but a bit of TLC and all was well.

Whether you go for OEM of DF, be sure to mount the door panel accurately otherwise it will get caught in the front fender and get damaged.

HTH, Paul

I am trying to install mine and was wondering about the rubber seals. How did you mount them to the downforce skirts as it looks like they don't have the extra lip, and did you have to glue the rubber on and if so what type of glue did you use.

I am trying to install mine and was wondering about the rubber seals. How did you mount them to the downforce skirts as it looks like they don't have the extra lip, and did you have to glue the rubber on and if so what type of glue did you use.

Just installed mine a few months back... I couldn't get the rubber seal back in there properly & have it fit correctly so I just left it out & used tape between the fender & skirt. Just follow the install instructions from DF they are good. I used the 3M 2-way urethane tape to hold the entire piece in place, As memory recalls you'll need to drill one screw position on the rear fender, and I think there is also one required on the front fender as well. Took like 24hrs for the tape to cure to a strong hold so I let it sit for a couple days taped & clamped firmly in place. Be sure to sand to fit your car, every car seems to be different, fitted mine many times before sending them out for primer & then paint.

So far so good mine still looks great, jacking up can be an issue just be aware that the skirts hang 1/2 inch lower than stock I need to drive the car up on 2 x 6's wood and then slip the jack under her. My car has Tein Mono-Flex at the recommended ride heights. Stock height I'm sure you'll be fine on jacking up.

Back