• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NorCal NSX 2010 Spring Fling

my contribution:

p4170195.sized.jpg

p4170203.sized.jpg

p4170204.sized.jpg

p4170205_001.sized.jpg

p4170206.sized.jpg

p4170207.sized.jpg

p4170208.sized.jpg

p4170209.sized.jpg

p4170219_001.sized.jpg

p4170215_001.sized.jpg

p4170216_001.sized.jpg

p4170217_001.sized.jpg

p4170221.sized.jpg

p4170223.sized.jpg

p4170224.sized.jpg

p4170227.sized.jpg

p4170228.sized.jpg

p4170229.sized.jpg

p4170230.sized.jpg

p4170231.sized.jpg

p4170232.sized.jpg

p4170233.sized.jpg

p4170235.sized.jpg

p4170237.sized.jpg

p4170238.sized.jpg

p4170239.sized.jpg

p4170243.sized.jpg

p4170249.sized.jpg

p4170250.sized.jpg

p4170252.sized.jpg

p4170256.sized.jpg

p4170257.sized.jpg

p4170259.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of cameras there, but sometimes people don't post their pics. I'm running through more than 300 pics and touching them if a little under- or over-exposed and each owner that showed up will get a copy of them all on a CD. When I'm done with the reviewing I'll put up a few here.

As for awards:

Best Paint: Ron (ronnraiders)
Best Engine Bay: Rob (1nsx2nv)
Overall 3rd Place: Rick (s4play)
Overall 2nd Place: James (02#154)
Overall 1st Place (and still reigning champ): Mike "Perez" (mikec_587)

BTW, big props to giftedg and SFDreamer for coming out to the event all the way from SoCal. SFDreamer's car is beautifully well-prepared and was one of the crowd favorites. Because he and giftedg aren't chapter members they were ineligible for the show but I know some people wrote in SFDreamer's car as their favorite on their ballot. Hmmm...

I wonder if those votes could have pushed me over the top to beat Mike for 1st place:rolleyes:

J

A big thanks to all those who organized and went "above and beyond" setting up this event. The lunch spot was pretty interesting, :wink: ...but a good choice.

Also, a big thanks to Driving Ambition for allowing us to check things out. I'm glad we got to visit before it got hot.

I agree with James, big props to the socal guys for coming. We have some hardcore nuts here also. Maybe we can reciprocate.

Lastly, thanks to all that showed up and participated. A big turn out is the best way to say "thanks" to all who put the event together.

Caravan to Sac
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zD3V9hlxYTo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zD3V9hlxYTo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Caravan to Sac
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvMtYjKY8e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvMtYjKY8e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Driving Ambition
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hSUQJUCgDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hSUQJUCgDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awards
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kAdAC3GqjAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kAdAC3GqjAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awards
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SI9ya1snrRo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SI9ya1snrRo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Great stuff Chuck. Seems like it was only yesterday, Ha!:biggrin:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... I have to say that this has to be one of the best meets that I have attended. There were several key people who worked hard between the Sacramento and Bay Area Chapters to pull off the 2010 Spring Fling event. And I'm sure for those who attended they would agree that it was an excellent event.

Big ups to the following:

mickeylex - Nalesh; The Pres for the Sacramento Chapter
1NSX2NV - Rob
Aaron
MikeC_587 - Mike; The Pres for the Bay Area Chapter
iCEE - Chuck
yojack1 - Yolanda
02#154 - James

If I missed anyone, I apologize in advance.

Thanks to the owner of Bubba's for the accommodations. It was my first time to eat at a burger/mexican restaurant. The Chile Verde was pretty good.

Big ups to Shad as well for opening his doors to let us tour his new facility and for allowing us to hold the presentation of the NSX show awards.

+2 for the big props for SFDreamer and giftedg for making the trek up from SoCal. Anytime you want to attend an event up this way, come on up.

One of the things that I liked about the meet is how it was such a relaxed event. Just NSX owners and their guests hanging out and having a great time. The caravan drive up to the restaurant was nice as well, seeing all the NSX's behind me as I led the way was a site to see. Although, the CHP was out in force, there were no incidents thanks to staying within the posted speed limits and as a backup my V1. I also thought the weather couldn't have been better. A perfect day!!!

Mike

I also wanted to say thanks to all of the organizers of the event! My brother and I had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. A special thanks to SFDreamer for helping me out with my main relay problem! I am still in awe of your car, especially the big "snail" living in the trunk! Thanks also to Shad and Ryan of Driving Ambition for swapping in a new main relay! Can't wait for the next meet!

hello NSXCA Bay Area and Sacramento Chapters,

Just got back into LA with a big smile from all the fun this weekend. Thanks for hosting sfdreamer and I. Your chapters are well organized and love the friendship everyone has for each other. Another chapter to the 6 degrees of separation can be said as I also met my Taiwan Study Tour counselor Ben Lin and his friend Agnes who's brother and I went to high school together. Small world and who would have ever thought a NSX meet is where we would see each other again.

Thanks again and we will see y'all at NSXExpo Las Vegas!

Gail Peter Wong aka giftedg

As GiftedG put it, you guys really were incredibly organized and friendly. I can't stand the meets where the "new guy(s)" show up and everyone stands in their corner thinking "who is that guy." You made us feel very welcome.

I am sure we'll be up again, and with even more SoCal people after they hear how fun of an event it was. Maybe plan an event around a NorCal/SoCal track event :). Also, the offer does stand for you guys to come down to any of our events. I was thinking about talking to the organizer of SCS (Supercar Sunday) to see if we can get an NSX Marque day. The Ferrari day had over 120 F cars show up.

02#154 said:
Because he and giftedg aren't chapter members they were ineligible for the show but I know some people wrote in SFDreamer's car as their favorite on their ballot. Hmmm....I wonder if those votes could have pushed me over the top to beat Mike for 1st place:rolleyes:

I do apologize for that :redface:. However, I think those votes just kept Mike from having even more of a landslide victory :wink::biggrin::eek: J/K!!

A special thanks to SFDreamer for helping me out with my main relay problem!

Of course, no problem! Can't have a car that gorgeous not firing up! Though personally, I would've kept the problem for a while. The "Main-Relay-Elbow-Strike" is more effective than anything Muay Thai will teach you :biggrin:.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who organized this event! It was the best NSX meet I've been to in the Sacramento area and hopefully won't be the last! :smile:

Thanks to Shad at Driving Ambition for welcoming us to his shop!

And props to the SoCal guys for coming up here as it is always good to see more NSXs.

And a special thanks to Jack and Yolanda for organizing the ballots and those awesome looking trophies!

I'll post some pics when I get a chance to get them off my camera.

Regards,
Dan

Last edited:
Madie and I just want to say thanks to all of you responsible for making this event such a success!!! We both had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!! :biggrin:
I haven't been to many of the events recently, but when I do they always seem to be great!!! Best Paint?!?! Go figure... Thanks to everyone that voted, that was a pleasant surprise!!! :redface:
SFDreamer - funny running into you at the outlets.. but you said it, gotta give a little to get a little!!! :wink:

There is nothing like meeting with GREAT ENTHUSIASTS. I haven't been on PRIME that much, but seeing the pics of this event is INSPIRING. That's what ts all about. :tongue:

Oh yeah & to the above post. I think its that IMOLA that makes it sooo unique & sexy. I can only list a handful of NSX's that I've seen in that color. Honestly, I am quite partial to silver tones, but if I had to choose any other.... I'd be in that orange:biggrin:

As a new NSXCA member and a first-timer to any event, both Deb & I felt very welcomed. Thanks again for allowing us to participate in an impressive gathering.

Jack,
It's amazing how you foretold the future days before the event. :smile:

You never know James, there could be a Joker in the deck.:cool:

Jack
I also invisioned that James could be rewarded. :cool:

If anybody wants to hear my next prediction on winners and losers, don't ask the question, I'll run it by the local chapter Prez first to get the answer.

And the winner of the next big NSX car show is widely known

Jack

Back