• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX as a Lambo?

Just my two cents on this whole thing. You don't see Ferrari owners putting Lambo doors or widebody kits or big wings or on their F355 (unless they are club racing). While I love that people out there are being creative with their NSX's, I think that this sort of thing diminishes the brand identity and legitimacy of the marque.

Just my two cents on this whole thing. You don't see Ferrari owners putting Lambo doors or widebody kits or big wings or on their F355 (unless they are club racing). While I love that people out there are being creative with their NSX's, I think that this sort of thing diminishes the brand identity and legitimacy of the marque.

Really? have you been to Japan? Stop making general statements to validate your 'opinion'. I found this after looking for about three seconds.

http://www.terra2imports.ca/import-japan115558258966079.htm

L/s magazine (japanese) has modified ferraris and lambos (that don't race)on the front cover, every other month.

Who cares about brand identity and legitimacy, worry about your own car and let everyone else enjoy what they do.

Looks like this guy takes totaled cars and puts kits on them to make them sellable again, and he been driving it for 4 years now? he said that about his other cars kits, how many cars can you drive? lets watch this guy see what he builds next week, a wrecked viper with a S2000 Kit? LOL,,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
next car he sells will be this<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
This car is a super reliable 2004 year Dodge Viper.With a 2000 S2000 Body Kit Yes that is right- the drivetrain and frame has been untouched, You have 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes, air bags, power windows, digital AC control, power mirrors, power steering, Air Adjustable front suspension with on board compressor and tank, Cd player and of course all of this with an reliable Dodge Viper motor which SCREAMS.... The paint is S2000 Blue,. Base, clear, sanded and buffed to a beautiful finish. The exhaust is custom from the stock cats back and it sounds really great. AC is ice cold, the wheels and tires are custom style with the extra small rear wheels and tires of course. I am selling this car at a very fair price, with this car you will not have crazy insurance cost, you will not have $100 an hour repair bills. You will not have to worry about leaving the car in a place where a door ding could cost you $1500, because this is not an expensive aluminum italian car where the body shop whacks you with an extra $1000 to $3000 just because they know you will pay it. You will also not have to worry about when you take your car to the shop some young guy taking it for a test drive and wearing down your $1,200 dodge clutch. With this car worst case senario you could blow your motor sky high and the repair bill would be less then a decent tune up in your typical exotic. Basically you are forgiving the 500HP car for a car that has 400HP, is reliable, cheap to insure, and a lot safer to drive. This is a 2004 Dodge Viper with a fancy body kit on it. Please call me with any questions or email seller. Mike at 321-431-8120

LOL

Last edited:
disgusting....
I would have paid more for the virgin car itself, than what this wacko sold it for....

I'm insulted and nauseated ...

Jeeeez... is there anything crappier than a "repli-car"? Have we officially run out of Fieros? I thought that was the standard starting point for "fiero-aris"... LOL

This isnt an "NSX owner" that did this, it is, as said above, a "professional" replicar builder. So strange there is a market big enough to support that.

As for Ferraris and Lambos being modded, that link above is a specious argument. Of course they get modded. How often will you see a FERRARI based REPLICAR though? Where the Ferrari is GONE?

In this case the NSX is standing in for what would usually be managed by a Fiero. The NSX is gone in favor of a lousy "lambo" bodykit.

You wouldnt see this happen with a real Ferrari or Lambo because of their extreme value. If it is intact enough to be the foundation of a Frankenstein project, then it is worth restoring.

The entry point for a beaten up, high mileage, very early model NSX has gotten really low, so a project like this becomes plausible. Plus, if you take a really rough, 91 or 92 NA1 with high mileage, and fully restore it, you aren't going to end up wth some pristinely collectible high value gem. Really they're only worth restoring for a true NSX fan (which is a niche)

Id rather have seen it go into a compactor than become the host for a total conversion kit though... LOL

disgusting....
I would have paid more for the virgin car itself, than what this wacko sold it for....

I'm insulted and nauseated ...

yeah about that. He didnt sell it. Its up on ebay again for sale. Relisted it few times already. I dont think this moron will sell it unless another one buys it.

The car isnt worth 3,000.00. Maybe 2500.00 because you would need the rest 30k to buy factory parts back and paint it original color and dont forget to have a major service that it will need that it lacks of.

Damn guys it isnt that bad.....I would remove bs emblems and stuff, but he did a pretty good job overall. THe NSX is a much better base to build off than a POS fiero. It took alot of work to get it to that point, maybe some rich kid in LA wants to be a poser down in Hollywood. :cool:

Just dont be hating on the guy......:wink:

Re: NSX as a Lambo?...or Ferrari?

Others are at it too...

Sorry for my bad English.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"

I have to reply to this!!! :eek:

The Honda NSX transform in a Lambo… …sorry but I don’t get it. :confused:
1. One of the first supercar (in its time) with a super rear view and now its gone.
2. Adding more weight to a good balance car (take the V12 look a like thing off).
3. NSX will turn everywans heads also, and every spotter will see the differents.
4. And if you want to drive a Lambo or Ferrari buy the realthing, if you can pay 22K plus a 15K/20K rebuild that is the half the price of the realthing so wait a view years.

I wood shame my self if you park the car and it a tracks people and they see it fake.
They don’t see it’s a NSX, OOOooo it’s a fake… …gone is the NSX history.
From de lo res pic’s looks the Lambo oke, butt the Ferrari’s roof… …sorry
And in a other build they are making a remake of the movie TransFormers… Uuugh

I rest my case :biggrin:

Last edited:
Sorry for my bad English.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"

I have to reply to this!!! :eek:

The Honda NSX transform in a Lambo… …sorry but I don’t get it. :confused:
1. One of the first supercar (in its time) with a super rear view and now its gone.
2. Adding more weight to a good balance car (take the V12 look a like thing off).
3. NSX will turn everywans heads also, and every spotter will see the differents.
4. And if you want to drive a Lambo or Ferrari buy the realthing, if you can pay 22K plus a 15K/20K rebuild that is the half the price of the realthing so wait a view years.

I wood shame my self if you park the car and it a tracks people and they see it fake.
They don’t see it’s a NSX, OOOooo it’s a fake… …gone is the NSX history.
From de lo res pic’s looks the Lambo oke, butt the Ferrari’s roof… …sorry
And in a other build they are making a remake of the movie TransFormers… Uuugh

I rest my case :biggrin:

I can apreciate your love of nsx.In the US most midengine kit/replica cars are based on the pontiac fiero, or toyota mr2,but since many nsx get wrecked and are totaled by insurance(too much money to fix) there is now a cheap supply of donor nsx....:frown:

Back