• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Track Day October 5th & 6th, 2013 ....

.... in conjunction with the BMW Club.

mn7v.jpg

Why with the BMW Club? They have held these schools for over 20 years. Our Club can benefit from the larger group of participants which will make the entry fees more manageable.

But I don't have a BMW This Advanced Driving School is open for everyone! Other brands besides BMW's are welcomed and a great opportunity to stretch out the NSX's suspension.

What is this event all about? This is an Advanced Driving School with proper in class and on track lessons with full time instructors for each driver. Read more here: http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/content/advanced-driver-training

When and Where? This event is structured over 2 consecutive days (Saturday October 5th and Sunday October 6th) and held at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport) Grand Prix Track. Click here for more about the track, directions and a video of a few laps: http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/content/mosport-international-raceway

I've never been to a track before ... or ... I have only been to Cayuga ... This event is intended for novice (never been to a track), intermediate and advanced drivers.

I'm not a member of the BMW Club Although their website states that registrants must be a member of the BMW Club to participate, The NSXCC Executives have managed to negotiate a deal where they will honour our NSXCC membership for this event. That is a savings of $62.15!

How much does this cost? For those registering up to 3 weeks prior to the event date, a price of $499 will apply. For those registering in the last 3 weeks before the event closes a price of $549 will apply. All prices are inclusive of taxes. This fee is the full cost for both days!

When is the last day for registration? Registration for this event closes Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Did I hear something about a tax receipt? The BMW Club Trillium Chapter's events are recognized by Revenue Canada as an educational course and are eligible for a tuition credit! A tax receipt will be provided.

2 days of driving! Do I need to book accommodations near the track? Depending on where you live, you'll need to decide whether to book a hotel room near the track or drive to and from the track each day. Many people in the GTA, for example, will decide to "commute" to Mosport (about an hour and a half from the intersection of Hwys 401 & 427).

What else do I need to know about the event? A social dinner party is included for all participants on Saturday night. You will also be treated to a track walk on Saturday afternoon after the track sessions are over. This is a real eye opener for all drivers! You will also receive a souvenir t-shirt.

What do I do if I'm interested? The last event was sold out before most of you had an opportunity to sign up. Please do not procrastinate with your decision ... this is a fantastic opportunity to safely drive your car the way it was intended to be driven. Since you will not be able to sign up on line (without a BMW Club membership) you must let me know (PM works or email me at [email protected]) and I will connect you with the registrar.

What if it rains? These events are run rain or shine. The only thing different in the rain ... your speeds will be reduced!

For more information, you can visit the BMW Club website ( http://trillium-bmwclub.ca )

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Update of Aug 30th:
Although it is always cool to show pictures of race cars, this is a bit deceiving and intimidating for this post. This is NOT a race school or a race event. In fact, expect to see a bunch of low powered grocery getters on the track! So, your NSX (in its 20 yr old OEM condition) will be one of the better performing vehicles on the track.

Update of September 6th:
According to the BMW Club website, the event is all sold out!!
Coolberg is currently on the wait list.

Last edited:
Back