• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BODYKIT fitment between years.

can anyone tell me if the body kit for all years are the same???
I have seen a bodykit on ebay for sale but the seller says that he doesnt know if its for NA1 or NA2. From the pictures it look like it might fit my car, but in other hand, I might be wrong.

You mean pre/post 2002 body change?

AFAIK, body panel fitment never changed through the years, aside from the obvious changes in front fender/hood/bumper cover design

NA: Naturally Aspirated, aka N/A. (Note: May occasionally be used as an abbreviation for North American market.)

NA1: First iteration NSX engine, 3.0 liters (all 1990-1996, and automatic transmission cars in all model years).

NA2: Second iteration NSX engine, 3.2 liters (6-speed manual transmission cars, 1997-2005).

Last edited:
From my understanding, there should be two basic bodykit types:
1) One that fits the 1991-2001 body styles (pop up headlights)
2) One that fits the 2002-2005 body styles (fixed headlights)

As Chops stated, the only difference between the two is the front fender/hood/bumper and headlight design (the rear OEM bumper and OEM sideskirts are also slightly different).

Also, don't confuse NA1 vs NA2 with the body style. NA1/NA2 designation ties more closely with the engine, not the body.

Tell us what bodykit and what year your car is and maybe we can help you out more. .

Front bumper looks like its for the pop up 91-01 headlights, other than that the rest of the parts are pretty much interchangable between years. Be wary when there are no pics of the parts installed on a car, fitment could be terrible.

hey bpiddy what body kit is that on ur avatar picture? that looks pretty sweet :biggrin:

Front bumper looks like its for the pop up 91-01 headlights, other than that the rest of the parts are pretty much interchangable between years. Be wary when there are no pics of the parts installed on a car, fitment could be terrible.

That was the prototype widebody kit that Callos Design built. Long story short the molds never got made. You can PM if you want details of that saga. The good news is I am working with some new companies and releasing a new widebody hopefully this summer, this will be my third widebody kit, I ended up having to build it myself to get a product and design I was happy with, there are more pics of the Callos kit in my gallery.http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13372

althought that carbon fiber kit looks pretty nice in pictures, the reality of it is that the fitment probably isn't very good. even high quality, $$$ kits usually don't fit that well and need to be installed with serious modifications.

the problem with carbon fiber is you are paying extra for something not needed since, with the modifications, you will most likely have to repaint because of patch work needed, which if done in fiberglass, must be painted, and if done in carbon fiber, will be expensive and will ruin the weave alignment.

also, wet layup carbon is only marginally stronger than wet fiberglass layup, and the weight difference is also negligible.

It looks exactly like the Extreme Dimensions GT300 widebody kit, minus the wide fenders and quarters. I am installing this widebody on mine now, and the fitment sucks... Although they dont list the kit in c/f on their website, so I am not sure what brand it is.

Like Broinkrist said, the carbon looks nice, but once you have to start cutting and reglassing parts, its kind of pointless.

From my understanding, there should be two basic bodykit types:
1) One that fits the 1991-2001 body styles (pop up headlights)
2) One that fits the 2002-2005 body styles (fixed headlights)

As Chops stated, the only difference between the two is the front fender/hood/bumper and headlight design (the rear OEM bumper and OEM sideskirts are also slightly different).

Also, don't confuse NA1 vs NA2 with the body style. NA1/NA2 designation ties more closely with the engine, not the body.

Tell us what bodykit and what year your car is and maybe we can help you out more. .
Correct.

New shape is most commonly called 02+.

Last edited:
It's sad , the only part I'd actually be interested in is the OEM looking carbon rear spoiler...

Back