• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emissions Testing

Toronto Area NSXer's.

Where do you guys take your NSX for emisions testing. Some of you know how low my car is, is there an inground emisions machine in the area similar to a dyno. The guys I use for my other cars are the rollers where the car sits on an angle.

Thanks

Johnny

Head on over to HC Automotive. 50 Doncaster Ave, Unit #6. 905-731-6065. This is roughly at Yonge + Steeles. Ask for Harry -- he's the owner and explain that your car is too low. Basically instead of doing a roller test, they will do a 2 speed idle test because the car is too low and not safe to strap. They just stick the sensor in your pipe while you maintain revs in neutral and use that for the measurements.

He's an awesome guy and he picked up an E55 recently so I'm sure you guys will have plenty to chat about ;-)

Got mine done in Kitchener @ Muffler Man. They took one look at the car and said they wouldn't even attempt to dyno the car, and risk damaging my wheels or body kit. They did something called a 2 Step Idle Test. Car passed with flying colors. :D They did the same for my brother's lowered Integra.

I'm not saying you should drive to KW, ask around I'm sure there is someone in your area that can do the 2 step idle test. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

Arshad did you have the CTSC on your car when you had the emisisions test done?

Back