• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ft Lauderdale area member to look at a car?

Is there a Ft Lauderale member that would be able to take a quick look at a car? There is a 06 CLK350 at Spirit Auto, 127 SW 7th Ave that I'm close to making a deal on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark White
93 NSX (owned since 96) Berlina Black
[email protected]

Is there a Ft Lauderale member that would be able to take a quick look at a car? There is a 06 CLK350 at Spirit Auto, 127 SW 7th Ave that I'm close to making a deal on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark White
93 NSX (owned since 96) Berlina Black
[email protected]

I did a yellow pages lookup on Spirit Auto, and got 127 Cooley Avenue, which is not the same as 127 SW 7th Ave.

Can you clarify and / or provide a phone number? There's a way outside chance I can take a ride over there on Sunday, but it might not be until mid-week.

What in particular are you looking for in a "quick look"? I'm not versed in CLK350's, but I might be able to see if the body is straight and look for signs of repainting (but even them I'm not an expert).

Thanks guys! I still have not closed the deal with this guy, but its close. Mostly, if one of you could just even confirm the car exists and the broker is real it would be somewhat comforting. The brokers name is Ari Gelfant. The car is an 06 CLK350 w/3600 miles on the odometer. It is "granite gray pearl" and is suppose to be virtually new. Car Fax is clean but the thought of buying a car sight unseen is scary. I'm not hoping for a complete inspection of the car, just quick review of the broker and car by someone I can trust. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Mark

Are you still in Oregon? Why the long haul for an almost new CLK350? If it is *such* a good deal that it is worth schlepping across the states, I would be a little wary....:wink:

The car if it is as represented is a pretty good deal. I really like the option package and color. Shipping is about 700 bucks to Portland and the number of used CLK 350's around here is nill. It stickered for about 50K and private party value is around 35-36......but your right, it is a little scary.

The car if it is as represented is a pretty good deal. I really like the option package and color. Shipping is about 700 bucks to Portland and the number of used CLK 350's around here is nill. It stickered for about 50K and private party value is around 35-36......but your right, it is a little scary.

Well, good luck. Hopefully one of the SoFl guys can have it checked out and inspected. SoFl is chop-shop and stolen car central. Maybe you can snag some cheap airfare and make a long beach weekend out of it... :smile:

Back