• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Na1 nsx 5spd to 6spd acura tl transmission swap

I have a 92 nsx and im wondering if the 6 speed transmission from an acura tl type s would share the same bolt pattern? Also how would the shifter cables work? I understand that the speed sensor might need to be re wired. Would this swap call for any modifications

I believe the bellhousings are the same, as are the rough dimensions. Beyond that, though, I’m not so sure. Based on custom builds with J series swaps, the mounts are in different locations, and I think the 1/2 shafts are not the same either.
I believe it can be done, but it isn’t a simple bolt on.

Many issues with this retrofit. When done, you basically get a JDM 5 speed with a highway 6th turning around 2k rpm. Issues:

1) adapting the right clutch and flywheel
2) need to solution/figure out 3 of the 4 engine mounts
3) get longer shift cables and reroute them from front bottom to rear top.
4) drive axles

As you can see, you might be better off just buying the NSX 6 speed.

I have a donar acura tl complete car so axles clutch cables etc are here and free. And i thought the transmission has only 1 mount? The other 3 are on the engine side right?

I believe the bellhousings are the same, as are the rough dimensions. Beyond that, though, I’m not so sure. Based on custom builds with J series swaps, the mounts are in different locations, and I think the 1/2 shafts are not the same either.
I believe it can be done, but it isn’t a simple bolt on.
Would i need to use my nsx half shaft or would i need to get a “custom” half shaft?

Back