• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo or Supercharge or NA for Auto

Am considering either supercharger or turbo addition on an Auto car what are people views and experience of doing this, is the auto box up to say 450-500 bhp for example?

I don't think the auto box can handle much more torque over what it sees from a stock NA engine, so adding forced induction would probably shorten it's lifespan considerably.

Is a manual conversion out of the question?

Maybe best of all, just find another NSX with the FI system already installed?

Id vote for sell your auto and buy a car with forced induction already done. You will save $ this way. There is a reason the auto transmission came with less power. Anyone who started from scratch probably wishes they just bought someone elses car (myself included) because the turbo/sc kit is just the beginning. If you do it the safe and correct/higher hp way you will need new clutch, new injectors, stand alone fuel mgmt, higher capacity fuel pump, headers, exhaust, the list goes on. You start out thinking the 11k ctsc is expensive but in the end you so wish you were anywhere near that amount. Ive got close to $90k in a stock looking nsx thats maybe worth $45k-50k on it's best day and it's a 91 I bought for $32k. I dont have upgraded brake kit, coilovers, aftermarket wheels, meth injection, after cooler, etc. So there is another $10k-30k more I can easily drop into this car and I dont have any serious hp either

^^^ Yup, it’s ridiculous. If auto, supercharger only. You cannot basically turbo a auto car because it has to rely on your oem ecu. There are ways but I wouldn’t touch it. Go with an off shelf ctsc.

I remember a former member from the Bay area that fought with this problem. Even his Level 10 gearbox could handle the extra ponies. The stock box will not handle close to 350rwhp let alone 450-500.

he may have had ptsd from military service..:confused: that was the thought at the time..

Back