• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A-pillar trim bubbling

I have noticed bubbling in the leather or whatever material it is on each side of the windshield. Has anybody had this same problem and is there a way to fix this problem?

You said a pillar and then you said windshield :confused:

You talking about the strip that runs across the top of the windshield ?

I have noticed bubbling in the leather or whatever material it is on each side of the windshield. Has anybody had this same problem and is there a way to fix this problem?

my 96 has it,if you search there have been some discusions about this.My solution is elegant....ignore it.

I think I have a simple solution for you. Use 18 gauge syringe to draw the air out while on the other side, inject glue as you go towards the other side.

I have them on both A Pillars on my 2000.

I noticed they appear only when it is hot out. Can't see them at all if it is 70 degrees or less outside.

Other than buying new ones, I'd sure like to hear of a fix! Can the vinyl simply be pulled off and then reattached with 3m spray adhesive?

I think I have a simple solution for you. Use 18 gauge syringe to draw the air out while on the other side, inject glue as you go towards the other side.

It's a common problem. It used to bother me, but now I just don't look it and enjoy the drive.

I tried injecting a hole in the bubble with a syringe, then with the same syringe filled with contact cement i injected the glue into the bubble. i used duct tape to hold the piece down with the non sticky side pressed against the pillar and another piece of duct tape over it to apply pressure...no sense in pulling out the bubble when you remove the duct tape is there??

I found that 95% of the bubbles were removed. On a sunny warm day a few days later i noticed them returning to about 50% of their size. I'm thinking it just might take multiple injections of contact cement to hold it and fill it in permanently. Just my thoughts...

Mine were bubbled when I bought the car. I replaced them with new ones and now they are bubbled. I'm just going to ignore it this time or maybe get them rewrapped somewhere. Not worth it to replace them with new ones.

Back