• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bogle's 1991 mild build thread

Thanks! The seats, lol. They are the same, but I have the drivers seat one hole lower on the rear. The drivers seat is as low as it goes (and still not low enough for me), but it was a lot of work to get it that low and have it not interfere with everything. The passenger seat already interferes with everything and I just haven’t spent the time to make it match the height. It looks goofy, but I would rather spend that day on something else. Maybe someday I’ll get some skinnier seats that fit a little better. If these were 1/2” narrower, they’d be fine
We are living the same nightmare lol. My driver seat is ok, but I need to do something about the passenger seat. And, I feel like both seats need to recline more, but my mounting brackets don't have high enough holes... I wish the seats were 1/2" narrower too.

Yeah they are a total pain. You have pole positions, right?

I lust over seats every now and then. The best options for me are probably the Recaro RS-G or maybe the bride zeta 4. Both of them seem skinny enough to get on the floor and not hit the door panels. I just don’t know how I fit in them (tall, wide shoulders, skinny waist). The RS-Gs have really high shoulder harness holes, which is good for me, and there are a couple blingy JDM options based on it (ASM, mugen). The brides are cool too, but maybe a little too boy racer for the car. Also might want to avoid bachelorette party jokes from non car people, you know?

Yeah they are a total pain. You have pole positions, right?

I lust over seats every now and then. The best options for me are probably the Recaro RS-G or maybe the bride zeta 4. Both of them seem skinny enough to get on the floor and not hit the door panels. I just don’t know how I fit in them (tall, wide shoulders, skinny waist). The RS-Gs have really high shoulder harness holes, which is good for me, and there are a couple blingy JDM options based on it (ASM, mugen). The brides are cool too, but maybe a little too boy racer for the car. Also might want to avoid bachelorette party jokes from non car people, you know?
Nope- they are my feaux-S reproductions. Basically a NRG FRP-300 shell (it was the closest match in shape to the Honda Recaro) wrapped in kevlar and re-upholstered with genuine leather and ultrasuede. The seat dimensions are identical to the Recaro ABE. I have so much time, effort and cost into them that I will keep them, but I wish they were overall 10mm narrower everywhere. They are super comfortable though- I'm fat right now (6'1" 220, 36W) and they still fit great.

20201120_170029.jpg20201125_142359.jpg

Nice, they look great! For some reason I thought they were a PP frame. The ABE / ABE style seats are the only seats that look totally proper in the car, too bad they're just a bit big. My Evo 2's are also super comfortable, so hesitant to pull the trigger on new seats until i can sit in a few.

Last edited:
Film! I got the film pics back and there were a couple good ones. This is Pentax K1000 + 85mm lens with Portra 400. First time with portra 400 and it looks a little more serious than the Kodak 200. Kodak 200 has more of a "your mom took disposable camera pics at your 8th birthday party" vibe. Definitely has a place, but I think this is the go to film from now on

c9f73c8c-3529-4704-b544-146d091e5feb

🍑

92454ba8-bb7c-4549-a594-41bf0598999e

Same same, different angle

a1484896-aab6-4092-96d1-5259a1ab5333

🧽: "Ight imma head out"

194b46fa-66ea-4f40-a0be-e86b07795dc0

Back