• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SL55 kill story (not!)

This ain't a kill story, it's a suicide story...

On the parkway the other morning, heading into the office, I notice some sort of Mercedes gaining on me rapidly. I take my exit and next thing I know there it is, an AMG SL55, blowing by me doing at least 100. Beautiful car BTW. The traffic signal about 1/2 mile up the road is red, he's still going strong, and I'm thinking "when is he going to brake?" He ends up locking all four tires, squealing & smoking to a stop literally inches behind the minivan stopped at the light. I pulled up and gave him a "whoo, that was close" sign.

Today, same light, lots of traffic, something's up. I get to the corner and there is our friend. Apparently he braked about three feet too late this time, 'cause the entire front end of his AMG was destroyed by the Town Car he plowed into. Luckily nobody was hurt as far as I could tell.

What a shame. I couldn't resist giving him a honk and a big wave though!

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Hope this person is about 10 minutes ahead of you in your future commutes. You think they would have learned something from Wed's near miss.

Poor SL55
frown.gif

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Sounds like the SL55 was killed alright
frown.gif
Too bad there's not some kind of idiot test in order to buy rare/exotic vehicles.

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Sounds like the SL55 was killed alright
frown.gif
Too bad there's not some kind of idiot test in order to buy rare/exotic vehicles.

that's true...
but then women would argue that no men should own exotic cars.
smile.gif

sorry to hear about the car though.
frown.gif

that's a shame, in the midwest I can't find one of those any better than $10,000 over sticker right now.......
frown.gif

Aaron

Back