• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone dyno their 3.2 BBSC yet?

Im looking for the newest maps.Ive heard absolutely ZERO news on any new maps for the 3.2 after I was told of something in the works 6 weeks ago from MB.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

During my original install with the original map, my rear wheel hp was 358hp. I don't remember the torque spec and the sheets went back with the tuner. I didn't pay much attention as I knew new maps were coming and I've since installed three upgrades. The only drive-train mod is a RM exhaust. I have a 99 Zanardi.

Thanks Chuck,Ill be dynoing mine today so we'll see how it goes.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Joe, be sure to post your results and scan in the dyno sheet if possible. I'm really interested to see where the SC kicks in and makes the power.

Thanks.

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

It dynod 379.2 rwhp and 267.1 torque.I drove over an hour so Im sure the car was heat soaked and this pull only went to 7600 rpm as my car shut down.I definitely have a software problem as we couldnt get it to go over 7600 rpm.Ill scan the sheet today and post it.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Joe, VERY strong considering all the circumstances and untuned. There is a ton of potential in there trust me. MB and I got my car (3.0) to make 398 rwhp and there is plenty of tuning left to do. On a side note, I got me another dawg! I need some parts! I'll private you to see if you have anything left over from the single swap.

------------------
Jason

379 rwhp is still pretty good. Why is the torque so low on NSXs tho? Post the graph when you get a chance. Thanks!

-Awais

The Turbo makes a lot more torque.. no question.

NSXbadboy, are you going to drag race it or anything? Get some 1/4 mile times for us?

Yea,I was going to run it against my Viper but the Viper is in the shop getting prepped for an upcoming blower.Id like to get the NSX tuning wrapped up now that I finally found a great shop to work with.The fuel curve is still all over the place.Lean here ,rich there.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

I got a newer program but not much better then the original killer you downloaded for me. In fact it seems too rich. I still have some issues with trouble codes that MB is going to solve when he makes his FL. return rumored to be around the 3rd week of Oct.
Joe, keep me up to date on things. We both seem to have different issues with very similar cars. DH

Ohh man guys,check this out,today I was driving home and the S/C started knocking.I was like "Oh shit" Well I called MB and he was very helpful.I started checking it out and it turned out that the bolt holding the pulley on had backed out.Apparently my pulley was slipping on the shaft.I added a washer and torqued it down.I then took it for a drive and damn is it fast.I couldnt get any traction through all of second gear.This damn thing must have been slipping the whole time.I dont have a boost gauge so I could never tell.Now Ill have to take it back to the dyno and see what happens.Everyone needs to check the torque on that bolt.

See ya,

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

joe,

where did u get the x dynod
and thanks for the tip. what
about the belt?

steve
98 NSX-T #28 r/t bbsc

I had it done at www.Norris-motorsports.com in Orlando.You couldnt find a nicer group of guys around here.The belt didnt come off,it can however,and if it does it must be reinstalled with the correct backlash or it could prematurely wear your alternator bearings.The belt must be tightened so as you cannot twist it with two fingers farther than 90 degrees.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

[This message has been edited by nsxbadboy (edited 11 October 2002).]

Joe-

Glad to hear you figured out a trouble spot. I am curious as to easy it was for you to gain access to this bolt. Did you have to do anything special? In addition, did you use a torque wrench set to a specific lb, or just tighten till you could not tighten anymore?

Thanks.

The bolt is extremely easy to get to as its right up front and on top.It simply holds the S/C pulley to the shaft.I didnt know the torque specs on this bolt so I torqued it on tightly(60 pounds)but MB actually told me to even put a little loctite blue on it so it shouldnt happen again.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

DH,
Do you know if MB is coming back soon? I just read in this thread that it might be the 3rd week of October which is coming up very quick.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back