• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the TOP 10 things to know and check before NSXPO?

I am getting ready for NSXPO and I would love a top 10 things we need to do to our cars or get checked?

I see brake fluid will need to be replaced.

How about some cost too?

Anyone?

NV,

Are you doing the track event? If so , I beleive you will recieve a tech sheet that will lay out what needs to be performed to have your car "teched".

The upshot is your car must be evaluated to make sure it will be safe and reliable.

1.Brake Pads (new or close to it)
2. Brake fluid (you mentioned that)
3. Oil Leaks NON
4. Oil Change is not a bad idea
5. Trans oil change optional/recommended
6. Review of ALL suspension parts, CV's, Ball Joints, A-arms, etc
7. Steering tight
8. Windshield (no Cracks)
9. Cooling System (correct level)
10. Check wheels/tires (no bends/cracks, PLENTY OF TREAD
11. Oh, you said ten
smile.gif

Also I would go to here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Track/AtTheTrack.htm to see all the stuff I forgot!!!!!!!!

HTH,
LarryB

Originally posted by Larry Bastanza:
NV,

Are you doing the track event? If so , I beleive you will recieve a tech sheet that will lay out what needs to be performed to have your car "teched".

I hope i get that sheet soon so i have enough time to prepare..

NV,

Most of the stuff on the list can be done immediately, so you do have plenty of time.

The other thing you might want to do is send an e-mail the the NSXPO2002 committee and ask for an e-mail version of the tech sheet, they probably have it ready, so you can get a 100% firm understanding of what is required for this event.

I think if you do review the FAQ you will be covered.

HTH,
LarryB

If you are driving to/from the event, be sure you plan for tire wear...

Some folks in the past have had fresh tires shipped for the track event. You might want to check with the organizers for recommended tire mounting facilities.

Absolutely, positively, remember to bring your own camera. I had the misfortune of forgetting my camera when I went to my first track event and was forced to buy a disposable camera that didn't have a zoom lens.
frown.gif
Major bummer. Got a lot of pics with itty-bitty cars in them.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
Oh, and I imagine you'll need to bring car washing/detailing stuff.

DO NOT FORGET THE "ABOVE". I had so much on my mind getting/shipping my BLUE NSX from Honolulu to Monterey/Laguna Seca, I never thought about CAR CARE items. But, when you are packing for two people, and space is limited, who would think to bring such items. Mine seemed to be the only one at the CONCOURS with bugs splattered all over it. That sure didn't help in winning a prize at the car contest. All the bugs were picked up in CA. It was barged to Oakland, and the nice guy's at Los Gatos Acura took great car of it until we arrived. Then we drove it up/down (?) to Monterey...I'll stop here. I'm getting carried away.

MY GREATEST MEMORIES - NSXPO's '99 and '01 !!!
cool.gif

*** DON'T MISS THE NSXPO ! *** - - - Jerry

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

Back