• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX TYPE-R seats....made of gold???

Hey guys.....just thought you boys might like to know something rediculous. I had called my contact in japan and had asked for a price for the RED TYPE R seats for the NSX. Guess what, you have to buy 2 not just 1....and they price both individually.

Are you guys sitting down???

4375 USD Each.......Are these made out of gold??? heheh

I know they are carbon kevlar....but are they really worth...4375 each???

mike

They are smoking crack!
bsflag.gif

pok8rok8 said:
I know they are carbon kevlar....but are they really worth...4375 each???

I think that's about what the normal stock NSX seats cost, too. Of course, the nice thing about those is that they include two for free with the purchase of every car.

Yeah,
At these prices Honda does seem unreasonable. Do keep in mind that the seats are made by Recaro not Honda. Also if they are like any other Honda/ Recaro type r seat they have fabric made special. In the other r cars its suede leather with durable cloth insert for the middle. The integra type r seats are over $2,000 each and that is with no carbon fiber or seat rails!!! Plus don't forget shipping. I'd rather have the Bride Zeta II Neos seats same caliper and design with carbon fiber for 144,000 yen or $1220 US a seat check out this pic, these seats are the FRP
http://inlinefour.com/bridracbucse.html

<B>I know they are carbon kevlar....but are they really worth...4375 each???</B>

On secret missions when you have an army of bad guys shooting AK-47's through the back window, that price for kevlar seats is a worthwhile investment. :D

At that price i guess it rules out using them in the living room. :(

Recaro do a similar design seat (in fact I'd say it's the same one with different trim) called the SPA that retails in the UK for approx 1600 usd each - the seat weighs in at 2.5 kilo's !!

As has been mentioned honda charge alot more for the "Type-R'd" versions of the recaro seats. The Integra/Civic Type-R recaro's are based on a seat that retails for around 375 usd each minus the alcantara trim.

spa.jpg

simon_itr said:
Recaro do a similar design seat (in fact I'd say it's the same one with different trim) called the SPA

So they named it after the color of the yellow NSX, huh? :D

(Same way they named the racetrack in Belgium.)

wow....that makes me feel good about the OEM seats....i was always wondering how the Gs build up to 89.....the seats make up for about 9 of them....:D

seats (worth $1k) + "Type-R" (worth $3k) + "NSX" (worth $5k)

Back