• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need consoling

I am really bummed out.

I found what looked like a great car on e-bay last night.

Red 94, 56k miles, original owner, Clean carfax, Acura service hisotry, "Buy it now $28,000"

Photos looked great, but there was no way to contact the owner.
I even looked for a regular ad in the local paper where the car was located, as well as the auto trader to try and find a telephone number.

I sent an e-mail, but there was not a response.

When I looked this morning, the car was bought.

I only hesitated because the car was in North Carolina and I am in Miami, so I just wanted to speak to the owner once.

I can only be hopeful that there was something wrong, and I didn't miss anything.
:(

Where in NC was it? Post the link. I'd be suspicious to buy a 94 w/56k for under $30k.... keep looking you'll find one soon...
Good luck

It would be REALLY rare to find a 94 car that is in excellent condition for only 28. You did the right thing to be skeptical. Let's just hope the new owner doesnt find out the hard way...

I spoke to the owner.

The car was bought by someone from Massachusetts.

The owner said the guy never e-mailed or anything, he just hit the buy it now button.

I am in a back up position though.

The car sounds like it was a deal, and the owner was very surprised that it sold so quickly.

It does need to have the timing belt changed, but hat was about it.

Oh well.

Back