• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to add pic?

Hi! Just bought my first digital camera and I'm looking to add a pic of my car to my profile. I have the picture in my computer but I don't know how to get it on my profile.
Thanks for any help.

When you say "add it on your profile", do you mean as your avatar, the photo that appears to the left of your posts? If so, here's how:

1. First, you must shrink your photo so that it is no more than 150 x 150 pixels. I'm not sure what photo editing software you might have on your computer to do this with. Once you do that...

2. Click on the button at the top of this page that says user cp.

3. Near the top of the page, click on the words Edit Options.

4. Near the bottom of the page, click on the button that says Change Avatar.

5. At the bottom of the page, enter the full path and file name of the photo file where it says You can upload an avatar from your computer: (or, you can find it by clicking on the "Browse..." button).

6. Click the button that says Submit Modifications.

Ooh goody

I just know this is all in the FAQ somewhere which is why I have not asked. You can also post pics in the Picture Gallery. Don't u have to have so many posts before you can choose your own photo for an avatar?

Re: Ooh goody

jrehner said:
Don't u have to have so many posts before you can choose your own photo for an avatar?
Yes. You must have at least one.

jrehner said:
I just know this is all in the FAQ somewhere which is why I have not asked.
When you go to the "Edit Options" page and click on "More Info" under the word Avatars, it has the information there. I'm not so sure about the FAQ - probably not the best place to put it (hard coded) since I assume that is a parameter that the administrator can change as needed.

nsxtasy said:
1. First, you must shrink your photo so that it is no more than 150 x 150 pixels. I'm not sure what photo editing software you might have on your computer to do this with. Once you do that...

I can help with that since even ole' Paintbrush or newer Paint (installed by default in accessories) will do it. If you want to know how, PM me for details...

Back