• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caught, doing 182MPH

"He is facing charges that include driving under the influence, resisting arrest, fleeing and eluding police, reckless endangerment and speeding."

Plus he was driving under the influence.....real smart. There's always room for one more.

The same story was posted on the MR2 forums. Those guys were complaining on how rich people can do something crazy like that and can get away with it with a good lawyer.

Looks like he just got released by posting the bail, he still need to appeal in court and whole nine yards. If I have a Diablo, it would be a shame not to do something like that. ( I mean just bring it up to the upper triple digit.) But with Alcohol, and also trying to lose police, then there's totally wrong.

You know what, that raise the other question:
Cars like Diablo or other F-cars or bugatti whatever whatever, is it really really necessary to make something capable of 200+mph??
I believed one of those Magazine even try to get the top speed of Diablo, but found out that the oval they test "limited" the Diablo to reach its claimed top speed.

So, where could those driver have fun at?? Who actually supposed to blame?? The people who drive irresponsively? Manufacturer who made the car? The road construction/ design made some straight 4 miles road with no turns and glass like smooth?? or the government really need to made the road with no posted speed limit??

AndyH said:
yeah ..autobahn in germany

Last I heard, I think they tried to crack down on the speeding at the Autobahn, too (speed limit.) I could be wrong though!

(Loss of car??? Loss of insurance???)

You wont lose your car for somthing like this.
There is always someone that will insure you, it will just cost you an arm and a leg.

The Autobahn is still wide open. They did crack down on some of the cars that should not be on there. Like the minni vans etc.

Hey OJ got off, with a good lawyer this guy will walk away with only a small speeding ticket. It pays to be rich. :D

Last edited:
NSXSAN: about 60% of the german autobahn have individual speed limits. No, we won't get an overall limit - the opposite is right: the authorities just made some former limited sections to unlimited sections. OTOH we have an "advised speed" of 130 km/h - if you crash with more than that you may have trouble with the justice although you are not guilty for the crash.

Brian2by2: No - you can't be pulled here for "excessive speed" if you don't break other rules at the same time (distance etc.)

And speeding is an option here - mainly at night - I used to drive to work (3 a.m.) some years ago over the autobahn with NSX top speed up to more than 10 minutes without deccelerating.

Anyone have any idea what the fine is for going 182 in a 55??? I've always been curious about this.

fastest i've gone was 130 mph but i lived in a very secluded area so safety of others doesn't apply. i wonder how it feels to be goin 180 mph..

i guess you gotta pay if you wanna play...

I do know this in Maryland.

A ticket for going 125+ in a 65 will cost you $525.00

A ticket for operating a vehicle in a speed contest on hwy is $275.00

A ticket for negligent driving is $275.00

A ticket for speed greater than reasonable is $70.00

Total 4 tickets $1145.00 and 14 points. :(

And how do you know this..... inquiring minds want to know?!? :D

Myself and a few guys from this foum got pulled over going to DC.
By 10 police cars and 14 police officers.

We are still waiting to see what is going to happen in court.

Back