• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

why is everyone dumping their SSR's ?

why is everyone dumping their SSR's ?

Hey, what's the deal with all the SSR Integrals for sale lately?

I know they're out of production but still it's a great wheel. I had them on my M3 for years and many track events, they hold up real well.

Just curious if someone knows something that I don't.....

Nothing that I know of. Just coincidence I imagine. Wish my Integrals would allow big brakes.:mad:

SSRs

Mine have been great - only reason I'm selling is I ordered a set of Racing Sparcos with wider rubber front and back.

The Racing Sparcos (NT-R Model) I ordered are semi-gloss black, and I've always liked black rims, which will be a nice contrast to a yellow car.

NSX13 -- which SSR's are you selling? Integrals? Didn't see your post.
RE: black wheels, YEAH! they look great, but on my black car I'd at least need polished outers to break up the darkness. Do you have a pic of the Sparcos?

yeah, nsx13, please please post some pic, I'm dying to see how it'll look like on the nsx. Some people said it's kind of fragile and the thin spokes not really going with the car lines...

I have different opinion but never find a picture to prove.....

Re: SSRs/Sparco NT-Rs

nsx13 said:
...I ordered 17x8 F, 17x9 R with 235-40 / 275-40 Falken Beta 451s...
235/40 is seriously huge for 17 x 8 - 215/40 would have been more appropriate. You will very likely have rubbing issues; also TCS - 235/40 is not only wider but taller too.

Re: Re: SSRs/Sparco NT-Rs

D'Ecosse said:
235/40 is seriously huge for 17 x 8 - 215/40 would have been more appropriate. You will very likely have rubbing issues; also TCS - 235/40 is not only wider but taller too.

Only at full lock will these rub. The president of our region runs 235-40-17 with 17 x 7.5 fronts for the track.

NSXDreamer2 said:
yeah, nsx13, please please post some pic, I'm dying to see how it'll look like on the nsx. Some people said it's kind of fragile and the thin spokes not really going with the car lines...

I have different opinion but never find a picture to prove.....
Take a look at this thread and the imagestation pics. I think the SSR Integrals are simply elegant and beautiful. I am selling mine because I want to go to 18/19 set up. The SSRs are very light and strong and you cannot go wrong with them. See here
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21469
Steve

Re: Re: SSRs/Sparco NT-Rs

D'Ecosse said:

I disagree that 235/40 is excessive for an 8" rim -- I ran this size on 17x8" SSR's on my previous car (an M3) and the profile of the tires was perfect on the wheels (both with Michelins and Yokos). However, I guess it all depends on your personal preference, whether or not you like the look of tires "stretched" over the rims like rubber bands (that's what 215's would be), and of course, not all 8" rims are 8" in width, and you could say that some 225's actually have a wider section width than some 235's (R-compound tires come to mind), and I guess it depends on what car you're putting them on RE:rubbing, and I could be talking completely out of my ass.......

Re: why is everyone dumping their SSR's ?

SF944 said:
Hey, what's the deal with all the SSR Integrals for sale lately?

I know they're out of production but still it's a great wheel. I had them on my M3 for years and many track events, they hold up real well.

Just curious if someone knows something that I don't.....

I only sold mine because I went back to stock, not because of any other reason. I wanted very dark gray wheels and I did not want to strip perfectly good SSR's when I had some OEM 16/17's at home anyway. I preferred to just sell them since they would just end up gathering dust in my garage.

SSR Integrals

Bell turbo B18C1 said:
A lot of people dumped them when the new SSR Competition wheel came out. The Integrals are stronger IMO. I have heard of the Comp's failing under track stress.

That's good to know - someone warned me about my Integrals (I guess he mixed them up with the Competitions) before I tracked the NSX, and 6 track days later, still fine. They're for sale because I got a set of Sparco's (black) with wider tires all around.

Any takers?? See my post above.

Back