• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Northwest Arkansas Get together??

Anyone up for planning a group drive here in Northwest Arkansas? There are some great roads through just north of the border in Missouri and the Beaver and Table Rock lake area. We culd make a run to Branson and/or Eureka Springs. Could be an awsome drive this fall once the trees start turning. For those that can not make it to Californina for NSXPO this year, why don't we plan something here in our area?

Any feedback?

Thanks,

Chris
([email protected])

Chris,

Sounds great. Maybe we should organize a get together first though, just to get to know one another? Just hang out, talk cars, look at each others NSX's etc.. What do you all think??
Chris, you and one other guy live in NW Arkansas and we have two here in Little Rock. Maybe, we could meet in Ft. Smith?

I know some of the Tx. NSX/s2000 owners were planning a Fall Colors drive through Arkansas. Would be great if you guys joined us.

Here is the LINK

Chris, Jason,
Both sound like great ideas to me. I've had the car a week and am looking for reasons to drive!
I picked up the car in Springfield and that area looks like it could hold some good roads.
Just give me a little notice so I can plan and maybe get some new Yokos on back.
Can do anytime except the last week of Oct.
Paul

There have been several of us over here in Tulsa discussing the same thing. I'll talk to a few and see who's interested. Later in October should work. Anybody game for putting a plan together?

Hey Everyone

Chris and I were talking about this last weekend. I just got off the phone with Chris. I will start to put some ideas together. Maybe we could all meet in like Fayetteville, Ar friday night and then a nice drive up to Euraka Springs (1hr drive) or Branson MO (2 hr drive) sat and then drive back on Sunday. Where would people like to go? I am think a drive up to Euraka for Lunch and then on to Branson for dinner and a show. I am thinking maybe the best weekend would be Oct 25-26. The trees should be at the most colorful at that part in time.

The weekend of Oct 18-19 is the big crafts fair weekend and there are no hotels and all the roads are busy.

Chris and I can work on putting together the roads and hotel places once we get an idea of who would like to come up.

Jim

It's great that so many people are interested in a drive.
I am out oct 26th-nov1st. I could meet up on Nov 2nd.
I would rather have the drive around the 18th, but the majority should rule.
Anyone have a video mount for their car? I would love to mount my miniDV on a fall drive.

I think we could do it either Oct 18-19th or Oct 25-26th. My only concern about Oct 18-19th is that is War Eagle weekend. If any of you have been up here all the hotels are booked and most of the roads are packed around the NWA. It probably would not be bad as soon as we make it up to Eureka. Just getting out of town Sat morning might be bad. We might be able to plan some roads to avoid this area.

I have a web cam mount that records on a full digital cam inside the car. I can mount the cam any where on the car I want. It is held on by suction cups. I use it when I am racing.

Just let me know what weekend works best for every one. How about taking a little poll. What weekend works best?

Oct 18-19th
Oct 25-26th

Jim

I checked with a few owners here in Tulsa and there is a definite interest. It looks like the 18th - 19th works best. Five maybe six cars / owners.

If anybody is interested in a planning meeting, my wife and I would be glad to host a barbecue at our home in Tulsa this coming Sunday the 28th. I think we are a couple hours from most of you. You could buzz over here by 2 PM, hang around for a few hours, mingle with some other owners, compare cars, look at some maps, etc. and be back home by eight or nine o'clock.

The invitation is open....

If you guys end up doing a drive near Fayetteville, be sure and drive hwy. 16 between fayetteville and Siloam Springs. Its one of the most entertaining drives in the country. In fact, a few years ago Car and Driver named it one of the 10 best roads of the southeast. I lived in Fayetteville/Springdale for 6 years or so, I used to drive it every chance I got. Also, it loops around scenic Lake Wedington.

Will

Thanks Will

I will try to see if we can work that one in. If not we could go drive it Friday night with the people that get into town early.

These are a couple things I know right now. It looks like the Oct18-19 is the weekend that every ones wants. That weekend is game weekend and crafts fair weekend. So hotels in the area will be hard to find. If you are coming from out of town. I would suggest checking up here but if you can not find one. Then stay in either FT. Smith or Alma. If you come up 540 it is only a 45 minute drive. If you come up the old 71(very nice drive up the mountain) it takes a little over 1 hr.

I am still looking for a hotel that could hand about 20 couples. I was looking there is suppose to be a guy that does an awsome magic show at night with tigers and things. I heard it was only 15 a person. So that is what I was thinking for the evening activity in Branson.

It looks like we might have as many as

4 from NWA
6 Tulsa
2 Little Rock
some from TX
anybody else I missed

I think we could open this up to S2000 and RSX too if you want.

Jim

Jim,

Just phoned the Embassy Suites in Rogers and they are completely book for the weekend Fri 17 and Sat 18 due to the craft fair and the Razorback game. Jim....what other hotel would you recommend for the group? Holiday Inn in Springdale will probably also be booked. There are several hotels in the Rogers and Bentonville area.

I defintely see lodging an issue for those coming from out of town, if we plan to keep everyone at the same place.

Chris

Norm...thanks for the invite. I wouldn't mind making a trip over to Tulsa on Sunday. for a lillte get together...provided my wife gives me the OK. Fayetville to Tulsa is just under 110 miles. If anyone else in the area is interested in making this trip just private me.

Chris

This is what I have so far.

Friday night. all the hotels are booked in Fayetteville, springdale, bentonville, and rogers.

I recommend everyone stay in FT. Smith for that night.

we meet at like Landers Auto Park on Sat morning at 8:30am and leave the area at 9:00am.

We will have lunch in Eureka from 11:30-1:pm.

Head to Branson, MO. I have found that the hotel is around $80. a night there. I know that the howard Johnson as room for 20 couples.

I figure dinner at the Olive Garden at around 5:30pm and then over to Kirby VanBurch - “The Prince of Magic” at 8pm the cost of the magic show is $28 a person. I am going to check about getting a group rate for the magic show.

This is what I have just thrown together is short notice.

Jim

Why don't we just piggyback with what the s2k guys are doing? And get together afterwards for our own shindig...

Hey Pony.

I guess it is up to every one else. I am not sure about the route they are taking. I know the one I have in mind takes us in to the mountains and then north of Table Rock lake. I am sure if it not to much of a problem we could combine the two events. I dont know any one on the S2K site. If someone would like to suggest that to them that would be fine with me.

I think I know one of the roads they are talking about is 259. I have been up that one. from Ft. Smith up to Siloam Springs.

So if any one wants to ask the S2000 to combine the events that is cool.

I am with some of the guys on that Oct 18 might be a little early to see all the fall colors. Nov 1 would probably be a better weekend for the colors.

Plus you get out of it being a big game weekend up here and the crafts fair weekend.

Jim

Hi everyone

I have been talking to David Smart with the S2000 group. Been discussing the possiblity of doing their run on Oct 18-19. They are doing Talimena Trail and Magazine Mountain. I have been told the run up Magazine Mountain is a very nice drive.

Since some people are concern that the leaves will not be change by then or if they have bad weather. We can do the run from Fayetteville Ar, to Branson, MO.

The dates we discussed were Nov 1&2 or 8&9 for this run.

Depending on where you are you can do either one or both. Which of the Nov weekends works best for everyone.

1&2
8&9

I am going to let the S2000 group know. Since they did the 18-19 we can pick the other date.

Sorry for the changes. I think this works better for both groups.

Jim

Back