• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for Alpine CHA-S634 MP3 Changer Owners

Hopefully owners of this changer can answer a quick question.

Is the KCA-130B Ai-NET to M-Bus interface adapter included with the changer, or is is something I need to buy in addition to the changer and the ACUALP adapter?

I'm looking to get this installed before my trip up to NSXPO, and I want to make sure I get everything first.

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Thanks for the reply guys. I thought it was separate, but this thread noted that " the KCA-130B adapter to the cable supplied with the Alpine changer" in the fourth posts.
You need to read it again Randy - it says to "connect the KCA-130B TO the cable supplied with the Alpine changer" :D

D'Ecosse said:
You need to read it again Randy - it says to "connect the KCA-130B TO the cable supplied with the Alpine changer" :D
Geez, boy am I an idiot. I can't even read right.

Thanks guys. I hope I can find that extra piece before the weekend is up. 6 normal audio CDs just ain't gonna cut it for the trip up the West Coast. :(

FuryNSX said:
Geez, boy am I an idiot. I can't even read right.

Thanks guys. I hope I can find that extra piece before the weekend is up. 6 normal audio CDs just ain't gonna cut it for the trip up the West Coast. :(
Randy ~ I picked mine up at Good Guys.

Has anyone tried relocating the 634 in the passenger compartment? I noticed that it's quite a bit smaller and might fit in the glove box or vertically behind the passenger seat. I'd like to move mine out of the trunk so it's not subjected to temp extremes. But I'm wondering about the cable from the head unit .. I don't want to remove/re-route the existing one .. is it standard enough that I could just buy another one and swap at the head end connection?

If you do a search you will probably find a thread that a number of us went through torturous deduction process to finally determine that the "switch" for the Honda/Acura specific quirk is in the cable between the head & the trunk. So, if you replace this cable you will most likely not require the ACUALP adapter in that application.
If you decide to just relocate behind the seat however, then just use the original cable - pull it back through the firewall (probably less involved than pulling out the console etc to get to the back of the head anyway) - in this case you will still need the ACUALP of course.

p.s. Was looking for something else & just came across this - http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/DIYs/diy_05_cdchanger/default.asp

Last edited:
Well, the place I went to for the changer ended up having the KCA-130B adapter as well as the ACUALP adapter. Phew!!

I must say, after spending some time figuring out how to mount the new Alpine changer, I figure this has to be one of the EASIEST, simplest upgrades to an NSX, with quite satisifying results. It shouldn't take more than 5 - 10 minutes if I ever had to do it again.

I won't have to repeat a single track going up to NSXPO and back!!! YEAH!!!!

-Randy

Back