• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hawaii NSX'rs? Chime in!

Who's in Hawaii? On Oahu in particular.

And where would you recommend taking your NSXs for repair work? Pfleuger Acura is a bit steep. I'm at the point I need a basic tune-up, the timing belts changed, water pump, & drive belts. Where would you go for that and what should I expect the damage to be?

THX!

Try going to Yama's Auto Care they specialize in Hondas/Acuras. Mark (owner) used to be a previous NSX owner and a long time mechanic at Pflueger Acura.
1240 Mookaula Street, Bay 5, Honolulu, HI.
808-845-2666
Hope this helps.

So what kind of price should I expect for what I need done? The timing belts, water pump, & drive belts are expensive aren't they?

So who else is in Hawaii? And where is your shop of choice? Last time I was at Pfleuger Acura, they had like 3 NSX's sitting near their work area.

NVSNSX, I called Mark and got the ball rolling. He's going to get me some prices tomorrow and set up a date to do it when his shop is less busy. Thanks.

I told him I was referred by someone on the internet from Hawaii. He was just curious as to who you are and if he knows you or your car. He said he used to own a red 92, but doesn't have it anymore.

Deuce B said:
NVSNSX, I called Mark and got the ball rolling. He's going to get me some prices tomorrow and set up a date to do it when his shop is less busy. Thanks.

I told him I was referred by someone on the internet from Hawaii. He was just curious as to who you are and if he knows you or your car. He said he used to own a red 92, but doesn't have it anymore.
Actually Deuce B, I have never met Mark but was also referred to him by a fellow Hawaii NSX owner. He told me about Mark's history and also how he does the 90k service much cheaper than Pfleuger Acura. I'm glad I could be of help and good luck with the car! :)

I'm hoping for the best (low price).

I'm doing the 6yr/60,000mile service. My car actually is 12yrs/42,000miles now. Just preventative maintenance for the drive belts.

I'll post the results once I get this all done at Yama's.

off topic question for ya'll in Hawaii...

I'm going to Maui next Saturday for two weeks!!! But I'm a huge Rams fan and don't want to miss any games...Do the sports bars open early for football Sunday???
If so, any suggestions for anything near Kapalua(sp?) maui???

Thanx.....

Sorry, I'm on in Honolulu. I'd bet there are sports bars in Lahaina, & Kapalua, but not sure.

Most resorts have something like a restaurant with the games televised. Have fun!

Back