• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help...looking at NSX in Va (DC area)

Anybody know the blue '97 nsx for sale in Fall Church VA? It has 58K on it, supposedly serviced there, only one owner, and selling for about 47K...Radley Acura...listed on Autotrader...

They told me they would sell a factory authorized "bumper to bumper" warranty for the NSX 3 year, 36000mile for 5K...sounds too good to be true...any advice?

The 60 K service has not been done...dealer charging 2000 dollars to perform the service.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You might want to try the NSX Northeast forum. Timing belt and water pump on a 97 should be done every 7 years or 105k miles. I have a 97 (Spa Yellow).

There are NSX owners in Falls Church Va so you many want to get someone to help you check it or compare against the one they have at the dealership.

Actually I am looking at that exact one. I'm thinking about getting it too...

Seems pretty clean, but there are a few issues. I don't think 60k service has been done, or timing belt replaced. The back window hatch doesn't latch good and the dummy light on the dash wouldn't show it as latched. There is a chip in the front left headlight top. It was dark so I couldn't really get a great look at the rest of it....

I am planning on going back this Saturday to get a better look.

Radley Acura

I looked at that car as well. It is very clean and drives nice.
I spoke with Al Garvi (Sp?), but we could not agree on the price.
It is still supossedly under the factory extended warranty until Feb. 04. He verbally accepted an offer from me of 41.5k. The next day he claimed that his manager would not sell it for that price. It is not my favorite color, but I would have purchased it at that price. So...... I am still looking.

Good luck,

Nate in DC

Re: Radley Acura

nbovelle said:
I looked at that car as well. It is very clean and drives nice.
I spoke with Al Garvi (Sp?), but we could not agree on the price.
It is still supossedly under the factory extended warranty until Feb. 04. He verbally accepted an offer from me of 41.5k. The next day he claimed that his manager would not sell it for that price. It is not my favorite color, but I would have purchased it at that price. So...... I am still looking.

Good luck,

Nate in DC

I will never step foot into that dealership again...:mad: They pulled that same crap on me when they accepted my offer of 45k with a warranty. I went in to fill out the paperwork and all of a sudden it jumped to 47k....then over 50k. Finally they told me they couldn't throw in the warranty because it is an NSX and it would be an additional 4k.

It isn't under warranty, they give you a 3 month 3k mile warranty when you buy the used car. There is also a chip in the front drivers side headlight. It was the worst experience with any dealership in my life. I was so angry I vowed not to get any Acura/Honda product and I went and got myself a G35c 6MT instead.

Sorry for the rant...but F*(K Radley Acura.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Radley. Your probably better off buying from a NSX Prime member.

Congratulations on your Twilight Blue G35 coupe. (S2KXTC?) :) Its a very nice looking car.

WilliamT

mystican said:
They told me they would sell a factory authorized "bumper to bumper" warranty for the NSX 3 year, 36000mile for 5K...sounds too good to be true...any advice?
$5000??? :eek: Sounds too expensive to be true.

mystican said:
The 60 K service has not been done...dealer charging 2000 dollars to perform the service.
:eek: A 60K service should cost $800-1100...

Back