• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tires wear

i took a look at my tires today and notice that the inside part is kinda worn out, but the outside still looks perfect. i guess it's due to the fact that the cambers are off........anyways......the question is this ....can i take off the right tire and mount it to the left wheel, and the left tire mounted to the right wheel?? that way i can save some money on new tires.....will this create any problems? thanks

Especialy the front tires show that kind of wear very often - doesn't necesseraly mean the camber is off, can also mean you are not fast enough in corners;)

Nearly all high performance tires are nowadays direction attached. So if you want to swap right to left it isn't possible to just swap the wheels - you also have to mount the tire the other way round on the rim.

....can i take off the right tire and mount it to the left wheel, and the left tire mounted to the right wheel?? that way i can save some money on new tires....thanks

Yes, just make sure the rotation arrow is still in the same direction.

Back