• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver grill on 02/03 Rear??

Everyone,

IMO the 02/03 rear bumper looks really good, except on black car there isn't enough color diference to make it "stand out" I was wondering if the grill was painted silver or grey if it would look better? I Fireworked a photo of a NSX from Expo (hope the owner doesn't mind) and changed the rear grill.....what do you guys think??

This one is the way Honda wants it...

Attachments

• normalbackgrill.jpg
    normalbackgrill.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,324
Here it is with a grey/silver grill...

Attachments

• modifiedbackgrill.jpg
    modifiedbackgrill.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,336
You know, we think alike! I like the 02/03 rear valance but since my car's black also, I didn't think it would look as nice as it does on the lighter colors(red,silver,white,etc.)! So, I have also thought about painting the inner portion a dark silver color as apposed to the flat black. I would love to see how it comes out.

Or what about this......black grill, silver center lower trim

Attachments

• silverrearbar.jpg
    silverrearbar.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,291
Hey my artistic friend, lets try making the center piece dk silver opposite of this:

attachment.php

So, black where this valance is red, and dk silver where this valance is flat black. Am I making any sense? :D I'd like to see how that would look. ;)
Z

disclaimer: I borrowed this picture from NZO-WHO. Hope you don't mind! :)

Is this what you mean??......It's a bit difficult with the Grill and the stainless muffler behind it, what I really need to do is make one in Firworks, then apply it as a "fill", but this should work for now.....if it is what you mean.

Attachments

• emblemsilver.jpg
    emblemsilver.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,287
jadkar said:
Is this what you mean??......It's a bit difficult with the Grill and the stainless muffler behind it, what I really need to do is make one in Firworks, then apply it as a "fill", but this should work for now.....if it is what you mean.

Actually, I mean the entire portion that's black, not the grill. :D
Like on NZO-WHO's car, it has the red/blk rear valance. Well, on our black cars, it would be blk/blk. I'm wondering how it would look blk/dk silver? :D :D

I think I understand....hang on a second

Same red NSX but the rear flat black "filler" area in the valance is like a grey/silver instead of black. This makes it red/Grey instead of Red/Black.

I will do the same thing now with the Black car I had orginally posted from Expo....hang on a second

Attachments

• emblemsilver2.jpg
    emblemsilver2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,269
jadkar said:
Same red NSX but the rear flat black "filler" area in the valance is like a grey/silver instead of black. This makes it red/Grey instead of Red/Black.

I will do the same thing now with the Black car I had orginally posted from Expo....hang on a second

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!

wow....starting with a black car is hard!! I have it grey...I need to get more silver. But that's what you mean, right??

Attachments

• greyblack.jpg
    greyblack.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,263
Here is Black and .....well...light grey, not exactly silver.

I'm going to lunch now:):):)

Attachments

• silverblack.jpg
    silverblack.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,241
i just got my 02 rear from the body shop today
like you guys, i have a black car so i was sort of hassitent at first but they came out pretty good
i had them paint the inner part including the mesh- dull alum. silver, and the rest in black
i was quite pleased when i got it back today
looks good, but dunno how it will look with the rest of the car
i will try to put'em on tonite and post some pics later

Jon

elixer said:
i just got my 02 rear from the body shop today
like you guys, i have a black car so i was sort of hassitent at first but they came out pretty good
i had them paint the inner part including the mesh- dull alum. silver, and the rest in black
i was quite pleased when i got it back today
looks good, but dunno how it will look with the rest of the car
i will try to put'em on tonite and post some pics later

Jon

Smart minds think alike! Can't wait to see pictures! btw, what are you doing with the ww spats & sides? :D :D

Oh, NO:( :( :(
looks like i'm taking her back to the body shop on Monday!!
i tried... at least now i, and you guys, know!!

NSX FoYoAss - looks like i'm keepin mine for now until i decide which setup i decide to keep
i thought they will look really good, BUT i guess, i was wrong...

fa6fb49f.jpg

fa6f8202.jpg

elixer,
too bad the result did not match your expectations. :(
But looking at the photoshop jadkar posted you could already have imagined what the result would have looked like that... anyway, it is a reversible thing and you can always rollback to black! :)

Or switch it with someone that painted it balck and likes silver moe? It seemed a feature that got the interest of many black owners!

But looking at the photoshop jadkar posted....
No Photoshop, I'm a Macromedia Fireworks dude, I like to go against the trends :D:D:D:D

what kinda wheels on your car? can you post pictures from the side so I can see the side veiw.

OK, I like the way Enzo Who's car looks in the first picture with the black center and the red bottom center lip. That is the way I will have mine painted.

Also, does anyone know what type of exhaust tips he has on that car? I want to replace my stock '01 tips with a clean round rolled edge polished tip, like his. Anyone know where to get them and how much?

Thanks, Cairo

Back