• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kudos to Dali

Just installed the Dali exhaust. Great finish, perfect fit incredible sound. Great sound at idle, wicked at WOT, once you get to cruising speed it evens out and can be heard inside the cabin but not to where it bothers. Once you bury the gas though WOW. I dont know if it will quiet down once broken in, but I like it. My cat back exhaust was definatly clogged. Thanks again to Mark for getting this out for me right away(Arrived a day early) my neihbors will thank you when I give everyone of my family members a trip to VTEC on Xmas morning.

Armando

What's it packed with? Something that won't blow out like the Comptech problem?

KGP said:
What's it packed with? Something that won't blow out like the Comptech problem?

I bought the Comptech used so I cannot fault it completely as I dont know what kind of use (or abuse) it got before me. But as most exhaust state, its FI friendly :) Time will tell

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
But as most exhaust state, its FI friendly :) Time will tell
Yes, time will tell, and hopefully it will prove to be fine. I just thougt maybe MJ told you how it was stuffed to make it FI friendly, as I'm sure others might want that kind of info (his web doesn't mention).

As to most exhausts stating that they are "FI friendly," I only know of one that really backs that claim up where it counts: warranty.

KGP said:
Yes, time will tell, and hopefully it will prove to be fine. I just thougt maybe MJ told you how it was stuffed to make it FI friendly, as I'm sure others might want that kind of info (his web doesn't mention).

As to most exhausts stating that they are "FI friendly," I only know of one that really backs that claim up where it counts - warranty.

Ill ask him tomorrow and let you know . They might be resonators as opposed to mufflers, so I maybe they are put together differently.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Ill ask him tomorrow and let you know . They might be resonators as opposed to mufflers, so I maybe they are put together differently.
Yep, might be. Or, might be SS wool. Let the forum know, not me. I no need. ;)

I did not see anything in that thread that explains exhaust "breaking in".
In my opinion there is no such thing as an exhaust "breaking in", if you are referring to the packing blowing out, I would call that exhaust muffler failing and being poorly made or poorly designed.

Arata said:
I did not see anything in that thread that explains exhaust "breaking in".
Why should there be? You are the only one in the thread that has used such a term. Read the thread again. What was said in the thread is pretty self explanatory.

Ba-Da-Boom

Gene - you are beginning to sound as sarcastic as I am. :D

Welcome to the club. :D

Arata said:
Editing is such a fine art.
No edit here. Next time simply use the quote function, as the quote you capture can't be edited.

[Edit] - Now that I look at the time of you original post, there is no way that an edit threw you off. Your question came hours after the previous post. Any edit would have been noted by the forum system that an edit took place. :p

KGP said:
Next time simply use the quote function, as the quote you capture can't be edited.
I'm confused then because I use the quote function and then edit the 'captured quote' a lot .. for instance, I just shortened your entire last quote down to just this sentence above. What exactly were you meaning by "can't be edited?"

NSX2398 said:
I'm confused ... What exactly were you meaning by "can't be edited?"
What I mean, or should have said, is that the verbiage you capture from whoever you are quoting cannot be edited by the person you are quoting. Sure, the person who captures the quote could alter the text, but if it's just truncating - no biggie.

Arata
(In my opinion there is no such thing as an exhaust "breaking in")

Tubi exhaust systems have a break in period. When you first get them they tend to gurgle a little bit. After a 1000 miles or so this will go away, and the exhaust will get louder.
At least that's what happened to mine.

prova4re said:

(In my opinion there is no such thing as an exhaust "breaking in")

Obviously, I was originally responding to Arta's question as if he was refering to my comment of "What's it packed with? Something that won't blow out like the Comptech problem?" But if someone took his question in the literal sense, I suppose they could say that exhausts packed with SS wool have a "break-in" period. The Anytime will spit flakes of metal, which I assume is from the SS stuffing, and it shows up on the bumper for a few weeks. But at the same time, I guess I would agree with Brian - really is no break-in period to speak of.

The break-in period is the amount of time that the manufacturer/vendor stalls hoping that your ears will become accustomed to the new sound if you live with it for a while. ;)

I've never been a fan of "stuffed" mufflers because every test I've seen (admittedly from more than a few years back) proved that despite having a straight-through design (and cool sound) they were invariably less efficient than a properly built reveres-flow type. Those certainly do not have a break-in period but I suppose that a fiber stuffed type may change a bit as the bulk of the stuffing is initially heated and compressed somewhat and any loose bits expelled.

I guess you can call it break-in or seasoning, whatever, but my Tubi has changed (mellowed) with time, The sound change had stabilized over the course of the first 6 months.

My $.02

Happy Holidays:),
LarryB

Back