• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

suspension upgrade

Are swaybar, tower brace, and NSX-R worth buying??? Will they improve the NSX's handling by a lot??
i need feedback on the difference that they make to the handling!!
thanx

freelance201 said:
Are swaybar, tower brace, and NSX-R worth buying??? Will they improve the NSX's handling by a lot??
i need feedback on the difference that they make to the handling!!
thanx

Wow, talk about a convoluted series of questions.

I have a BackYard Special strut bar that, along with my ridiculously firm Koni shocks, keep my car virtually free of any body roll when I'm flying through corners, so yes, suspension and suspension-related upgrades could be said to be "worth buying", from a subjective point of view. Whether I'm actually going through those corners at a faster speed or not is another question. Sometimes, people upgrade their cars to improve (or just alter) the dynamic feel of the car's behaviour. These alterations may not actually make it go any faster.

As for the NSX-R, you can't get one State-side and I'm a little uncertain as to how buying an NSX-R would improve your regular NSX's handling.

Why don't you start with sway bars, try it and if desired add shocks, then springs, then toe links, ect, till you get where you want. Most folks don't go right to Tein's so you can't go wrong taking it a step a time IMO

Re: Re: suspension upgrade

Originally posted by Lazarus

As for the NSX-R, you can't get one State-side and I'm a little uncertain as to how buying an NSX-R would improve your regular NSX's handling.

I think that he meant to ask about the Type-R bars chassis reinforcement bars.

Ken

Back