• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitek Headers, Paddock Exhaust Install pics

Just recently upgraded the exhaust of my 94 NSX with Taitec headers from SOS, and a Paddock exhaust system. I shot some pictures in the process, enjoy.

f9c27a76.jpg

f9c27b74.jpg

f9c27aeb.jpg

f9c2746e.jpg

f9c27aaa.jpg

I really like the tips on the Paddock exhaust and sound for me is perfect!

Norm

Last edited:
f9c092b4.jpg

Here is a better pictures of the wheels. They are chrome plated Zanardi wheels.

As for power: My "seat of the pants said the power was much "smoother" but I didn't really feel any more "kick".

The dyno confirmed this with a much better torque curve (flat) but only a 4 HP increase. The air / fuel ratio shows it is running way to rich at higher rpm (13.1). I'm not sure why I did not get more HP. I was expecting 15 to 20. I went from 241 to 245.

The shop suggested dyno tuning, but I'm not sure I'm ready to start playing with new chips etc.

I'm planning to drive it for awhile and let the factory chip "learn" the new set up and re-check at a later date.

Norm - First that looks great, I haven't talked to the Paddock guys in a while but it looks like they may have tweaked the bends in the muffler again because yours looks different then mine.

Second - I'm trying to figure out why you only got +4 HP:confused: :confused: The headers alone should give you much more then that, and on my 1998 the Paddock exhaust gave me an easy 12HP. Something doesn't seem right, I would have thought you would have seen at least a 20HP gain.

-John

Norm -- Car looks great. We don't have any experience with the Paddock exhaust, however, 20hp gains are usual with a good aftermarket exhaust (gains shown with TAITEC GT LTW, JGTC). Is it possible that the correction factors were applied differently between the runs? Were the runs on the same dyno?

Happen to catch the weight savings? Looks like a good 20 lbs was dropped back there.

take care,
-- Chris

jadkar said:
Norm - First that looks great, I haven't talked to the Paddock guys in a while but it looks like they may have tweaked the bends in the muffler again because yours looks different then mine.
-John
Yeah, you are right. Looks like the Paddock guy took Andrie Hartanto's advice to change the alignment of the muffler to the correct configuration. Now, that's looking a lot better.
Steve

13.1 too rich?? what is optima for NA? 14.1?

i know FI should be 11.5 - 12 A/F ratio

btw, do they come with dual tip? i like dual tip like tubi.. single bigger tip is not very attractive to me.. since i already have 5" tip on my supra..

-jjc.

Norm said:

The dyno confirmed this with a much better torque curve (flat) but only a 4 HP increase. The air / fuel ratio shows it is running way to rich at higher rpm (13.1). I'm not sure why I did not get more HP. I was expecting 15 to 20. I went from 241 to 245.
. [/B][/QUOTE]

JJCNSX - do a search on "paddock" you will see my very large write up on the exhaust....and yes you can get it with what ever tips you want :):)

You know to tell you the truth I never weighed it.

But my non-scientific first reaction was.....Wow!! this this is friggn' light!!!:D:D

Update: After a month of driving I went back to the dyno. I am pleased to report that I now have 257.3 HP. That's a 16 HP increase over "stock". I'm not sure what happened. I'm down to two possibilities: 1) It took awhile for the stock ECU to adjust to the new headers / exhaust. 2) The tech might have wiped the O2 sensor with a dirty rag that left a deposit which eventually burned off.

Whatever... I'm very very pleased. The exhaust note is exactly what I was looking for and now I have more HP and a better torque curve.

I would encourage anyone interested in a more aggressive sounding exhaust to review the existing thread in the Dealer Forum and contact Paddock Performance to discuss their product.

For my Taitec headers, Chris @ Science of Speed, as always, was great to work with.

Bottom line.... These were great mods!

Hi Norm,
Glad to see that in the end you actually did gain a few HP.
Have you ever considered buying the Dali-chip as well. The cost, compared to the H&E is relatively minor and from what I understand it should give you some additional HP.
Would be very interested in the results you would get.

At this point I'm happy with what I have. I suspect short gears and Type R R&P gearset are in my future but I think that would be it for me.

A chip would definitely be considered if I wanted to get more HP without the big step to a supercharger.

I know. I have them linked to Imagestation but something has changed and the link won't work anymore.

I guess I have to find another host site. I don't mind paying a few bucks. Does anybody have any suggestions for an easy to use hosting site?

Back