• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scratch windshield

I have a scratch windshield eversince I bought the NSX. My question is it possible to polish the glass to remove the scratch. The scratch comes from the wiper and is not deep but if you look closely it is visible. If I were to send it to a glass shop what should I tell them?

Jin1976, you may want to try and locate something called rouge. It's a very fine polishing powder, used in the jeweler industry. I've heard reports that buffing with rouge can remove scratches from glass if they're not deep... I know there are different grades and fineness to them, but I don't know the details. At any rate, it's worth a try if you can find it, CERTAINLY cheaper than a windshield replacement!

Remember, too, that if you have a choice between more abrasive and less abrasive, to start with the finer grade and work up until you get results.

Good luck!
Don

I was watching My Classic Car a few months back and they had a little segment for exactly that. There are some products made specifically made to take out scratches in automobile windows. I am interested in the same thing... my back window in my X is scratched. The problem is I joined in the program after they mentioned what the name is. Someone told me Mothers has a product that is made to remove scratches? Just thought I would post this info... to at least let you know there is hope:)

Back