• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aluminum Racing Jack $89.99

Just got this in the mail today thought I would pass it along... man this thing just keeps getting cheaper. It was in the new www.harborfreight.com catalog.

Last edited:
I saw this as well. I bought mine from HF a couple of weeks ago at $139. I am not sure, but the specs on this one at $89 seem to be a little smaller and lighter than the one I bought.
The one I bought is still listed on their website at
$139.
I did not see a smaller aluminum jack at the HF store when I picked up mine, but they do have a heavier, more expensive one:confused:
The US General brand seems to be sold at a few retailers for a wide variety of prices. I would swear that the one in Griot's Garage is the same model for $450, but that just couldn't be right:rolleyes:

I just got my first HF catalog yesterday, but mine was catalog 872-B / Winter 2004.... I don't recall seeing this great of a deal in mine, hope it's not just a local thing, I've been looking for a while now. Anyone got insights into the quality of this thing?

I'm guessing that the more expensive ones, like at Griot's, have better hydraulics so they aren't so difficult to pump. I once borrowed a $400+ one at the track and it required no more pumps but half the effort to lift compared to mine from HF. If you are cramped for space and need to lift the rear of an NSX using just half the handle on your HF lift, you'd better enlist some help! Personally, I'd be much happier if it took twice as many pumps but less effort per stroke.

Homier merchants

Speedway Racing Jack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aluminum Racing Jack
Availability: Good
07105 $79.99 Add to Cart
Send This Page to a Friend

SPECIFICATIONS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Piece knurled aluminum handle
Quick lift feature
Rubber saddle
Minimum saddle height 3.54 in.
Maximum saddle height 17.59 in.
Overall dimensions: 23.62" x 11.81" x 6.1"
Shipping Weight: 41 lbs
homier.com Item: 07105

I got one of these (when it was still 99.99:( ). Just like the Harbor Freight one. Works really well for me, but then I am cheap.:)

Aluminum, 3" saddle hight, $89 - probably can't go wrong if you need one. A few other interesting deals in there as well. What about their 1/2" impact with 625 lb's/tq? For $73 could you go wrong with that assuming DIY use?

I have been following the price drops on the jacks offered at Harbor Freight but do read the fine prints ......

This is NOt the same as the rapid pump version that has been discussed on these forums before.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47246

And this one has a handle that is only 23" long compared to the rapid pump being 47." Less length means more effort ;)

However this one has a lower saddle but also lifts less high.

If these don't matter to you, then its the lowest advertised price that I have seen.

HTH

Just a quick question. Do you think all the HF style jack as shown above are the same or could there be knock offs. I say this same jack (At lest it looks exactly the same and says it is aluminum) at the local Checkers autoparts store and it included jack stands for about $50 or $60. I'm thinking of buying it but don't want a cheap junk knock off.

Hrant said:
...And this one has a handle that is only 23" long compared to the rapid pump being 47." Less length means more effort ;)
HTH

Depends on your definition of effort. My mini-jack can easily lift th Suburban and requires less effort per stroke with an 18" handle than my HF/USG jack using a 47" handle. Takes more pumps, but I'm not working the pits in a race. So, the smaller/lower/cheaper jack may be easier to pump than the big one. We'll know soon because I plan to order one. My current HF/USG jack is still too tall for the 510 anyway.

Thanks for the tip!

I bought it a few weeks ago and it works great. Fits under my lowered (with Eibach) NSX without having to get out the scissors jack from the trunk.

Also I just saw they have a brake kit for $20 bucks right now that's normally $40. It looks like the same one I have to borrow from Autozone when I do mine. I'll probably be picking this up before the end of the month.

This jack fits very nicely sideways at the front of the passenger side floor, with the roller end propped up on the sill. Leaving lots of room to carry your track tires inside the car. :D

Read all this, thought about it, went to Sears and bought their aluminum floor jack with a 2 ton capacity. It is a good quality jack and I really like it. It was $199 minus 10% for letting them send me tool catalogs in the future for free. So $179 plus tax came to about $195. This is a great jack with the lifetime Craftsman warranty Sears provides. I had the last jack for 25 years and it was in desperate need of replacement. So I gave it to a young mechanic with no jack and moved the new one into its place.

nsxtasy said:
This jack fits very nicely sideways at the front of the passenger side floor, with the roller end propped up on the sill. Leaving lots of room to carry your track tires inside the car. :D

Ken,

Do you have one of these jacks? How much does it weigh and what kind of quality is it?

Thanks,
Tim

I own it, I think it's a nicely built unit even compared to the sears model. There comes a point in a consumer's decision process to decide what's a commodity and what isn't, aluminum jacks are starting to look like a commodity to me as I havn't seen anything else on the market that is noticably better built or performs noticably better.

Rennphile said:
Do you have one of these jacks? How much does it weigh and what kind of quality is it?
Yes, I have one. It weighs 24.2 pounds, which is extremely light - very convenient for packing/unpacking in the car, etc. I consider it well built and high quality.

So what's the difference between this and jacks costing 2-3 times more? This one is slightly smaller (you can see the dimensions on the Harbor Freight website). While that makes it easier to pack inside the car, it creates a couple of disadvantages. One is that a larger floor jack would be even sturdier (although this one is fairly sturdy); it may not make a difference if you're just using it to change tires and brake pads on concrete, but if you're doing more work than that or jacking on gravel, well... you're probably using jack stands anyway. ;) Another is that the pole is shorter than on some jacks (it comes in two pieces, BTW), so you don't get quite as much leverage; they compensate for this by requiring 6-8 pumps to raise the side of the car, compared with as few as 2 pumps for some larger jacks.

If you do a lot of work on your car, and you are looking for a jack that is going to stay in your garage all the time, a larger one (such as the Sears jack, or the $130 Harbor Freight jack or the $200 Harbor Freight jack) might be more suitable. If you're looking for a jack for occasional use and/or one that you want to move from place to place (like taking it to the track), this one is terrific (and so is the price).

91039.gif

I was at my local Costco yesterday and they had an Alltrade Aluminum Racing Jack for $127. Has the aluminum roller wheel up front with a low lifting point. Looked like a quality piece. May pick one up to complement my original Lincoln 2-ton floor jack.

Last edited:
I really like this jack! It saves me lots of time. Here's a picture of it barely fitting under my car. You may not be able to tell by the pictures, but my car is lowered 2 inches and I also have WingsWest side skirts installed.

attachment.php

Regards,
- Z

Two comments on this jack.

(a) I found the jack to be suseptible to movement while lifting the car if you are on smooth surfaces; so make sure you are on level field and watch for some shifting. I strongly recommend using jack stands with this jack.

(b) Like with any other jacks, you may want to cover part of the handle with some foam (pipe insulation foam or the popcorn cover it came with) to avoid accidentally hitting the car. I found the distance of the handle when in lock position to be OK with my NSX but not with my RL.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest, it is a very versatile jack for those "occasional" users.

HTH

Back