• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New HREs Photos don't do them justice.

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Baby has new shoes courtesy of Ben over at Wheelsboutique.
HRE 545 wheels with gunmetal painted centers and polished lips in 17X8 front and 18X10 rear with 39 and 40 offsets respectively.
Tires are Bridgestone S03 Pole Positions in 215/40-17 Front and 275/35-18 Rear. No TCS issues as these tires are virtually identical to OEM Revs/mile. Car is fitted with Tein RA coilovers and is lowered about 1".

nsx_hre1.jpg

Another satisfied customer...

Hugh, congratulations on your new upgrades! They look nice. I too am looking for a set of HREs from Ben, just trying to finalize size and rubber. Your setup looks great, but it proves what I have been struggling wtih for weeks now... I still like the look of 18/19 setups better than the 17/18 setups. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. :) I am glad that you like your new shoes and I am sure that Ben will find yet another happy camper in my 18/19 setup. :)

Ride and handing?

Hugh, Since you have just made the changes, what is your first impression of the ride and handling changes from stock with the Tein and wheel changes?

The OEM wheels had crap Sumitomos from the previous owner. At least they weren't Michelins or I would have replaced them immmediately. There is nothing worse than a Michelin tire in the rain. French garbage!

The ride and grip are outstanding. I'm taking onramps with ease at close to .90g's. I have a Passport G-Meter so I can experiment with different settings such as tire pressure, dampers adjustment and sway bar stiffness and immediately see the results.

You might want to re-consider the 18/19 combo. 17/18 will handle better since you have more sidewall to the tires. With the car lowered, the tires fill the wheel wells perfectly.

Back