• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shoulder belts thumps chest when driving with windows down!

Folks

Can't find information on this, though it can't just be me. With the windows down, at highway speeds, the driver shoulder belt "strums" due to wind over it's surface. This creates a fast drum like vibration over the drivers left chest, almost takes my breath away. Any corrective actions?

Gain weight?:D:D

Seriously, I do not have this problem (see above), but a shoulder belt pad might help as the belt would be heavier and thicker.

serialNSXer said:
With the windows down, at highway speeds, the driver shoulder belt "strums" due to wind over it's surface. This creates a fast drum like vibration over the drivers left chest, almost takes my breath away. Any corrective actions?
Close the windows. :D

I think your seat is adjusted far too much to the back. I guess that you are not heavyweight person so there is a slight gap between your chest and the seat belt. Same thing happen when I sit in my Civic. I'm 5'6" and 68Kg.

Back