• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blackhawk Tour?

What's the status on the Blackhawk lunch/tour? Who's organizing? Inquiring minds want to know...

I guess whomever proposed this event passed on organizing it.

So #9 do you have any suggestions on a date?
I also understand if our group is 12 or larger there is a discount on admission.

3700 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville, CA 94506.

http://www.blackhawkauto.org/infof.html
http://www.blackhawkauto.org/info/map.html

I say we meet at a neutral site before the visit then caravan to the museum.
Everyone should bring their club radios, who knows a club drive may materialize out of nowhere!

Perhaps we should just do the Blackhawk lunch/tour in lieu of the May club meeting? Anyone else interested?

May 1st

I'm in... provided I'm not working... :)
I read on their site we can even display our cars if there are enough of us... That sounds cool to me... :cool:
I've never been to the muesem, so this will be another first for me!!! :D

Ron

That sounds like a good idea. Have lunch in downtown Pleasanton where we could put a nice little show on along Main Street. Then a run through the N. Livermore hills that ends up at the museum. I know the route!! Finish with a tour of the Blackhawk Museum. This is definately a possibility to combine a lot of different activities in a single afternoon. Whataya say?

Sounds interesting but can't see how downtown Pleasanton on a Saturday lunch-time can accommodate even a moderate group - Main street will be packed with the farmers market a big attraction. Yes, you can find parking spaces but nowhere really to fit a group together I can think of.
Still, it will be fun - let me think on restaurant or parking options.

I called them to inquire about a May 1 10:00 AM tour with a group photo op in front. I expect to hear back in a couple of days. The idea would be to visit the museum around 9:30, do the photo op, then do the tour for an hour or two. Can some of you knowledgeable locals help figure out lunch logistics, assuming that the Blackhawk tour is a go?

Blackhawk confirms that we can do a 10:00 May 1st docent tour. Cost per head is pretty nominal (will confirm exact amount including docent tip later). They also said that the photo op should not be a problem. Suggest photo op at 9:30, tour at 10:00 to 11:30, then lunch.

I'll need firm commitment from at least half a dozen people before I confirm the date. Who's with me?

Count me in!

I'll have a guest

Last edited:
I left a message with Blackhawk asking them to provide a single docent for a 10:00 tour. Also asked for permission to do a group photo in front around 9:30 and asked for permission to let Vytas on the roof to take a shot from a high vantage point. Will confirm as soon as they get back to me. Regular fee is $8, but is $6 with a group of twelve or more - after factoring in the tip for the docent (they're unpaid volunteers), you're pretty much back to $8. If you have a valid student ID (which I do:p ) you can get in for $5. Vytas will update the northwest website with the above info.

So D'Ecosse, can I get you to volunteer to figure out lunch plans?

Plans are confirmed. We'll do the Blackhawk tour instead of the usual May 1st club meet. Photo op in front of the building starting at 9:30 AM. 10:00 - 11:30 we'll have a docent-guided tour. After that, we can head offsite for lunch.

I'll need help on the lunch plans so I'd appreciate it if one of you locals (or near locals) stepped up.

I was supposed to be in Hong Kong that weekend but the schedule changed and it looks like I can make the Blackhawk event. I know a nice ~65 mile drive we can take with a combination of twisties and vineyard views that will let us stretch the legs and return to Pleasanton for lunch. There are a lot of places to eat downtown. Ken, you have any favorites? We should figure the # of attendees and get some reservations set. I will time the drive before I leave town for HK and we can get an idea as to what time we will show up in Pleasanton. This should be a fun lunch event. It would be great if every other month or so we could plan an event to coincide with the lunch that includes a drive or visit to some out of the way place. Especially since we have such great weather now. Cheers to all and look forward to seeing you in Blackhawk.

I'm 80% sure I'll be there. Don't know if I'll have a navigator though. I've never been to the Blackhawk Auto Museum but have heard of it and would really like to go. May 1, I'll be in the middle of an audit but the audit is in Vacaville, so that is pretty close to where I live and I think I could make the tour. So, count me in!

I'll probably be there. It sounds like fun. A little early to be all the way in Danville, but it sounds worth it.

As far as lunch, I recommend the Blackhawk Grille, right there in the complex. If they can setup a table big enough for us outside on their patio in the sun with the wonderful view of the waterfalls, that would be ideal. But the food is quite good even if that is not possible, or at least it was the several times that I have gone there.

Chip.

calexand said:
As far as lunch, I recommend the Blackhawk Grille, right there in the complex. ..Chip.
Might be a little too upscale for informal lunch Chip - Blue footed Booby might be more in line ........

The Blue Footed Boobie sounds like a good idea. My wife enjoys the place and even grabbed a long sought after Fat Tire Ale hat for me from an event there a few weeks back. Comes in handy in keeping the locks in place while the top is off. Will probably have to wear it on this Saturday. I even have my neighbor with the Mitsu 3K interested in showing up for lunch. Anybody up for the drive after lunch?

1NSX2GO

Where are all the NSXers?
Denny, Eric, Jonathan, Steve, Kenji, Sidney, Spartan, Tobal, JopsJazz, Ms. Purple, Nalesh... Everyone lets go!!!

(NSX REY) said:
Where are all the NSXers?
Denny, Eric, Jonathan, Steve, Kenji, Sidney, Spartan, Tobal, JopsJazz, Ms. Purple, Nalesh... Everyone lets go!!!

I'm in! Co-pilot still not sure if shes going...

Do we have to register or anything ahead of time? or can we just pay for tickets when we get there?

No need to pre-register. Just make sure you bring a camera for the photo op and would probably be helpful to bring cash for lunch (we'll probably do a group lunch afterwards and bringing cash will make the logistics of payment easier in the event that the restaurant can only do a single check for large parties).

Back