• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick Detailer

I don't use the California Duster. I've heard it has a paraffin coating that comes off onto the car, although I don't know if that's true.

If the car isn't too bad, I just leave it alone. If it has a lot of bugs, then I'll wash the entire car.

If there is a particular spot that needs attention - such as a bird dropping, for example - I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer to wipe off that one spot. There are similar products on the market, including Meguiar's Final Inspection and Zymol Field Glaze.

If gasoline overflows when filling, and dribbles down the side of the car - we all know how easily this happens on the NSX - I either use Quik Detailer or wash the car, and I then re-wax the area that has been dripped upon, since the gas can remove wax.

I use Meguiars quick detailer as well.

I do use a California Duster, but I can see how the wax might come off onto the car if the duster isn't well maintained. A key with the Cal duster is to NEVER let it get wet. Once it's gotten wet, things slide downhill...

Originally posted by NSX-Ster:
After the duster, I use Griot's speed shine. the car needs to be pretty clean.

Ditto that!
smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I tried them all and still have not found a better quick detailer than Zaino Bros I hardly ever wash the Car just Cal Duster and detailer when needed and the Black turns beautiful.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

If the car is dusty....I wash it with the Zaino car wash.

If the car is clean I use Zaino Gloss Enhancer (spray bottle).

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
If the car is dusty....I wash it with the Zaino car wash.

If the car is clean I use Zaino Gloss Enhancer (spray bottle).

-Jim

That's the Z6 right? So that can be used as a Quick Detailer as well?

Per Ken's and other's suggestions, I currently am using Meguiar's Quik Detailer. Pretty good stuff!

I eventually will try all the Zaino stuff... maybe in a month or two...

PBH,

Yes, the Gloss Enhancer is the Zaino Z6 product. It's really great stuff. I use it for touch-ups all the time.

It's a watery liquid that comes in a spritzer bottle. It's nice because there's no residue when you're done.

Of course, with any "touch-up" kind of product it's important not to use it on a dirty or heavily dusty car. In that case you'll need to do a wash. Sometimes my car just has a bit of dust and I'll just rinse off the dust and use the Z6. I do notice that the Z6 helps with the dust.

http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm#anchor27781

Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is a very important addition to the Show Car Polish line-up. This product dramatically boosts and intensifies all Show Car Polishes. Z-6 contains seven optical clarifiers and our unique wet gloss enhancers to increase the "wet-looking", mile-deep Show Car Polish shine. We highly recommend it for fast cleaning of dust, water spots and light soil from painted surfaces, without scratching. Forms a tough molecular bond with Show Car Polish to increase the depth of gloss, optical clarity, slickness, durability and reinforce the UV(40) protection. Super anti-static formula reduces dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. Z-6 will not streak, smear, haze, dull or leave a film. A must for quick touch-ups and the show winning edge. Concentrated 16 oz. spray. Less than one ounce does an average car.

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I understand that the Meguiar's Quik Detailer has a silicone component, so I no longer use it. I either use Z-6 (works great, smells even better
biggrin.gif
) or the spray that comes with Clay Magic, which works the best, I think.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

[This message has been edited by ncdogdoc (edited 09 April 2002).]

Originally posted by ncdogdoc:
I understand that the Meguiar's Quik Detailer has a silicone component, so I no longer use it.
Is this true ?? This is the first I've heard of this.

Is "Final Inspection" (also from Meguiar) any better?

Originally posted by cojones:
Is this true ?? This is the first I've heard of this.

I've never heard this before.

Is "Final Inspection" (also from Meguiar) any better?

I've spoken to one of Meguiar's reps and he admitted that "Final Inspection" is very similar to "Quik Detailer". One is part of their "consumer" line and the other is part of their "professional" line.

I do dust the car off using the CA Duster before using the Quik Detailer. (And after since the "rag" I use has so much lint!)

Anyone have a specific brand of cloth I can use? The one I have is just ridiculous.

I use 100 percent cotton detailing towels. You can buy a bag of 36 for $12 at Sam's Club. I've tested them and they are indeed 100 percent cotton, even the threads along the seam (even though the seam doesn't normally touch the car).

Don't use fabric softener when you wash/dry them, though. (It reduces the absorbency of the fibers.)

Back