• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wide body kit

What do u guys think of this kit?

PIC001351.jpg

PIC00179.jpg

PIC0000811.jpg

and the complete link is
http://www.wombat.or.jp/kotobuki-66/taitec.htm/taitec2.htm

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 07 February 2001).]

Holy sh!t..it looks terrific!
Any idea how much does the kit cost?
It's kinda hard to tell..does only the rear have the wide fender?

[This message has been edited by NSEX (edited 07 February 2001).]

Are those gold BBS LM's. They are very cool on a red NSX. Anyone know where to get ahold of those for a non-jap speaking/reading kinda of american with mass quantities of bread?

I love the hood!! The whole kit looks great. Any info on price, who can get it, etc...?

------------------
Richard
<A HREF="http://www.guam.net/home/superg/nsxtasy.htm" TARGET=_blank>
NSXTASY</A>
1BADRX7

Those look like the Marga Hills side skirts, I would like to add just the side skirts to an otherwise stock bodied NSX (It looks like some mod's would need to be made to the front edge though). Marga Hills wants a fortune for theirs.

Andrie, Do you know anything about this kit and the cost and availability of it's seperate parts?

For the BBS LM u can buy it thru me. It is pricey. The cost is $2950.

The side skirts are Marga Hills skirts. They fitted there because they said it match better . But it work just find with stock ones.

The Front bumper is Yen 138000 (fiberglass)
and Yen 178000 (Carbon fiber), spliter are 18000 for top part and 28000 for bottom part.

Rear fender are 30mm wider each side. Yen 218000 (fiberglass) and Yen 268000 (carbon).

M3 style mirror Yen 44000

Hood Yen 228000 (carbon) and Yen 168000 (fiberglass).

Those rear quarterpanels are TERRIBLE...
but aside from that the hood looks great..isnt that the "stalker" hood or some such? I saw one that looked just like it a while back on one of these posts..

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

Those rear quarterpanels are TERRIBLE...
but aside from that the hood looks great..isnt that the "stalker" hood or some such? I saw one that looked just like it a while back on one of these posts..
[/QUOTE]

I agree. They look like those clunky fake 'rally' type body kits with chunky quarter panels that were popular in the 80's.

One of the reasons I went with a Comptech kit instead of one the Japanese ones is that it preserves and enhances the basic lines of the car. The clunky 'boy racer' Japanese kits tend to bury the nice design work in favor of garish wings, clunky panels and functionless scoops.

I do like the hood a little, though, even if it is a bit over the top.

The reason the rear panel were design that way is to add more down force. Those kit are replica to the kit NSX uses in JGTC. And local racers use the kit regularly cause they actually function. To quote CornerCarvers.com guys, CT body kit are more for boulevard pimpin
wink.gif

I agree with Andrie, CT kit is definitely blvd pimpin kit that has no performance advantage. If it really has any performance advantage, why didn't CT use the kit on their own NSX racers?
Unlike the US, Japanese race teams and tuners are closely related and share their knowledge to produce functional parts for modifying street cars. Most tuners in Japan actually race cars equiped with the same parts they sell to the public.

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

Andrie Relax, The Pics of my car are coming next tuesday for sure. The car is almost done, we are just finishing installing all the new panels,Tomorrow we will finish with the front end and Boom.

Enrique
Crazy4Cars
Panama City,Panama
Central America

Originally posted by maomaonsx:
I agree with Andrie, CT kit is definitely blvd pimpin kit that has no performance advantage. If it really has any performance advantage, why didn't CT use the kit on their own NSX racers?

First, why would CT develop a racing/carbon fiber version of their body kit when they could only sell one or two at the price point? Second, how much 'closer' are the JDM tuners to racing when Comptech builds race cars themselves. And, the CT widebody kit was styled at Honda's own design studio? Closer? Not a chance.

Third, with the HP levels I have, being able to stuff 335s under the rear of the car is not just a nice touch, but a significant improvement in hooking up. The CT body lets me do that.

Fourth, the CT kit is beautiful enough that when my car sits in the shop next to F40s and F50s, it gets a lot of very appriciative attention.

Lastly, those corner panels do not generate significant downforce. They do, however, add to the drag. If you look at photos of the successful NSX race cars, you will see much more well thought out body work with significantly more respect for the aerodynamic factors involved.

If you like the body kit, that is great. That is why ice cream comes in so many flavors. I personlly think it hides the lines of the car, and that does not suit my taste. Throwing around disrespectful terms like 'blvd pimping' to describe my car may be okay on the Left Coast, but in this part of the world, that sort of lack of maners will get your butt kicked.

By they way, those of you who regularly talk smack are welcome to run against me at any of the South Central region Drag Wars. That is, if you don't mind getting smacked down by a 'blvd pimp.' Talk is cheap.

David, I agree with some of the info you said, but if you talk about manners then you did you make this comment

"They look like those clunky fake 'rally' type body kits with chunky quarter panels that were popular in the 80's."

In total agreement David!..... Comptech body kit is gorgeous AND functional... As far as downforce goes, Acura engineers put most of their aerodynamic effort into this and succeeded! They actually put no efort into Cd and still achieved the standard .32. These Ricey kits hurt even more so the, not so great, Cd and improve only mildly the already great downforce.

David, I put my comments strictly for fun, hence the smiley face. Sorry if it offends u, but u did make those remarks...

CT kit is a beauty indeed. It's just my personal taste are more into those 80 looks. that's why my other car is an E30 M3.

Body kits, same as wheels are mostly personal preference. Some people like it some don't.

Nsxotic, did u read Doug Hayashi's site? When he put the deep dish hood and the big ass wing, he cut his lap time by 2 seconds. That is functional improvement IMO. And 2 seconds is a lot. U can do tons of dyno but if it doesn't improve lap time, it has no use.

Andrie,

The Kit looks pretty sweet; however, it looks like a hybrid of other kits I have seen. IMHO, the Marga Hills kit looks really sweet. I'm curious though; how does the wider side fender improve handling via earodynamics?? I can understand how the scooped hood and Bigass wing improves handling but not the side fenders. From what I remember Mark from Dali racing said the front scoop is mainly for cooling. The Wing of course is for downforce. Does anyone know if the Marga Hills kit improves handling earodynamics??

Blade

Uh, a stock NSX is fairly close to neutral in the downforce department. It is impractical to add a lot of aerodynamic downforce to a street car because drag will go way up.

Blade, if u see the side have lines that extents from the front bottom corner to the rear tail. That in theory causes additiional downforce. Of course this has to be verified in wind tunnel testing.

Lud is right. But with my habbit of going to the track once every other weekend, I uses my car on the track more often than on the street.

Thanx for the info Lud (all knowing one),

I heard the stock wing doesnt really have much effect unless your blasting well over 100mph. But, my real interest is how the various parts and design of the Racing versions of the NSX work. My fav. has always been the MOBIL 1 NSX and I love the body design. I wish there was a site that was devoted to the MOBIL 1, Raybrig, or TAKATA NSX. Lud, you would know. Any suggestions. Also thanx to you Lud, this is the only site that I have found excellent pics of the afore mentioned NSX. There can never be TOO MUCH.

Much love fellow NSXers.

Blade '91 blk/blk

Back