• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OZ Superleggera's... anyone have them?

Ive been beating my head against the wall on new rims for days on end trying to find the right weight, width, and offset combonation I like.

Im attracted to the OZ Superleggera's, but the offsets are a little "odd" and I don't see any big brake kits fitting underneath the fronts.

Does anyone have the OZ Superleggeras on their car, and have pictures?

They only come in 17x8 and 18x9 combonation for the NSX, just wanted to check them out.

-B

I have been doing the same the past few days...What offsets do they come in? It seems 40+ is what recomended. Check the FAQ on how to tell if a wheel will clear big brakes, as well as another thread currently active
------------------
92 Red/Blk

[This message has been edited by NormRD (edited 15 April 2002).]

OZ superleggera is a very nice wheels indeed. They are lightweight. The 17x8 weigh in at 15.4 lbs. For the NSX they have the offset of 48, and 35 for the rear using 18x9.

Looking at the design, it looks like there is quite a clearance, and possibility of it clearing the big brake.

Ok guys here is the scoop. I'm the OZ Racing importer for Panama. OZ came this year with a beatiful new rim call OZ Superleggera Evolution. It is basically the superleggera in 3pc configuration. It is intended to be made on any 3pc set up that you might want and the nice part is that the wheel does have a big size lip. It is only available in 18 and 19 inch any set up you want. I'm more than sure that I will clear most brake system set up's, that was one of the intentions of OZ in developing this new wheel.

Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing
OZ Racing Panama

[This message has been edited by pronto3000 (edited 15 April 2002).]

BoneZ my buddy just bought a Black 91 and the first thing he did was the Superleggera's in a 17-18 combo they look pretty good...They remind me of the Zanardi Rims I will try to get a shot of them this weekend and scan them.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Thanks Steve.. check yer e-mail, there's a message there for you
smile.gif

-B

I must admit the new rims/tires feel great. Better than anything Ive done on the car tire wise in a long time.

Im running the new Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions, and they're great. Ive always run Dunlop before, but after driving on these I doubt I'll ever go back.

My old rear rims were 28lbs, my new ones are 19lbs. The old fronts were 21lbs the new ones are 15lbs.

I can't even for a second begin to explain how amazingly better the car feels. I never thought a rim weight would make this "noticable" of a difference, I figured it would be minor but boy was I mistaken.

I havn't had this much fun in the corners since I bought the car on factory rims/tires.

If you are ever thinking about buying new rims/tires. I can't stress enough to find a low weight strong rim. It has dramatically changed the feel of the car in a good way.

-B

Those are pretty nice looking wheels!

Time for bigger rotors though - now the OEM ones look too small compared to the big wheels.
biggrin.gif

They are very popular with the WRX crowd. They are strong, light (I believe 17.1 lbs for 18 inche wheels) and relatively inexpsnsive. I think they look great. Certainly better value than Technos.

Terry

Originally posted by BoneZ:
Im running the new Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions, and they're great. Ive always run Dunlop before, but after driving on these I doubt I'll ever go back.

I just changed my wheels and tires the other day. I was also running Dunlops (SP9000s), and I also switched over to S-03s. I haven't had a chance to really push the car (since I've had to drive my 3.2TL to pick up the old set....wouldn't fit in my NSX y'know
tongue.gif
), but I've have noticed an improvement in handling.

The guy who was mounting the wheels and tires was impressed by the S-03. They don't normally sell Bridgestones, but he noticed how strong and stiff the sidewall was.

Looks like I won't be going back to the SP9000s for my NSX.
smile.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Thank you guys for the input on the S03. I am currently running Sp9000 on my 17/18. Need new tires in rear. Tirerack has Kumho Supra For $160 versus S03 for $260, but after reading this post it is clear. Spend the money.

Danny

This clears up alot for me. I really like the look of the Super. A buddy of mine just put them on his 99 prelude due to the low weight. However, I blew them off when looking for wheels for my 92. I think I will rethink this. What tire sizes are you going with?

[This message has been edited by crxtasy (edited 26 April 2002).]

I run 215/40/17 fronts and 265/35/18 on the rear.

275/35/18 didn't look right on the 18x9 rim .. so I moved to a 265, the tire laps over about 3-4mm but it still is extremely attractive.

Ive had them on about a week, and the compliments are flowing everytime I stop for gas or am out and about.

-B

Back