• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mobile Video for the NSX

Does anyone have any experience with a mobile video system in their NSX? I was looking for an LCD/CD/DVD/TV/AM/FM/GPS,etc.

Something so my son drive a PS2 NSX while sitting in an NSX! Seriously, I do know of a few models for the NSX that don't require a knife.(ie. Pioneer)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi McAttack, have you looked into the Kenwood KVT-911DVD? It has all the features you are looking for, and has the add on GPS which is the KNA-DV2100. It is also touch screen which makes the unit much more user friendly than the Pioneer or Alpine units. The KVD-911DVD consists of the DIN unit which houses the 6.8" monitor, but there is also a hideaway box that houses the amplifier, tuner etc. The DVD navigation system consists of the DVD rom itself, and the antenna, speaker and a cable to run to the hideaway box for the KVT-911DVD. I have installed the KVT-910DVD(older model) in many vehicles, sport utes, sedans, sports cars etc, but not an NSX. I don't think there would be any problems with putting that setup in an NSX, just make sure you find a trustworthy professional installer/shop to put it in. Go to http://www.kenwoodusa.com for more details. Good luck.

Does anyone know where I could buy the Centre Pod for the original NSX Navigation System. I just want to install a LCD unit with that Pod as I dont want to touch the original stereo.

Why don't you just take along a laptop computer?

Since all those electronics go obsolete so quickly anyway, I'd be reluctant to modify my dash for 3rd-party electronics all to have it go stale within a few years.

I have a really nice little Apple iBook (2nd generation). It's really fast, I can play DVD, burn CDs, run Windows software, plug in a GPS, emulate Playstation software, run Unix, store/edit images and deal with LIVE video with its FireWire port.

And you get to take it with you so you can also watch DVDs do all that stuff wherever you go.

It's a great NSX accessory!

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 20 May 2002).]

Back