• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying another NSX...

I am looking at purchasing a 91 Silver NSX. The car is located in San Diego.

Here is a copy of the ad on the car. I am paying $38K for the car. Is this a good deal?

It features a Bell/Mechtech twin turbo system ($9,995.00) with a Borla exhaust that will knock your socks off! Comptech Stainless Steel Headers, Mueller Aluminum Lightwiegt Flywheel with Kevlar clutch. The transmission has been completely finished with a Comptech 4.55 transaxle. Winning Power WP 6-piston 4-wheel brake kit. Kinesis 17'' Wheels with Yokahama A-50 tires-255/40 & 215/40. This NSX has been spoiled with over 65k invested in this car! The horsepower is 415bhp,420ft.lb. at only 6.5 psi boost. The horsepower is rated "to the ground" by the use of a Dynojet dynometer. The transmission was updated and completly rebuilt with the 4.55 ring and pinion by Comptech so there is no "snap ring" issue with this NSX! An easy 72k mi. Always garaged and profesionally mantained.

------------------

I think this thread discusses that car. http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004588.html
I think 415hp is false advertising. A 72k mile '91 is probably worth mid $27k-$29k (IMO). Only you can tell if those upgrades are worth differance or not. To someone who wants a stock car definately not, but if you are planning on doing most or all of those mods anyway, then it MIGHT be worth it.
My $0.02 anyway.

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418
Forums Nazi Groupie

If the car is clean; I say it is a fair price. Actually good. For one to purchase a stock 91 and did all the upgrade he has you would spend over his asking pricing. The thing is all the performance upgrade save you time and money. I would go for it if it is a clean car.
Dan
Break down the the retail price of the aftermarket parts and you will see it quite a deal of money for the parts.

it depends on your angle. I just got a bone stock car with low miles becuase I subscribe to the thought that a heavily modded car is WAAAYYYYY more likely to be tracked hard and/or abused(not all, no flames please). That said, I will now mod my own car and track it, but I will sleep slightly better on the situation. I guess you could look at it either way...
Aaron

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping to have some feedback from a person who looked at the car recently. I will be happy when I get my next NSX.

------------------

Looked at the car Monday. It is a true piece of shit. The car has been hit hard in the front(Jim @Mechtech said that it had never been wrecked). It was originally a black car, The silver repaint was poorly done and it has its share of scratches. Every interior peice is cracked or broken. The seats are hard as rocks. The headers are DC Sports not Comptech as claimed. Everything in the ad is basically a lie. Jim will tell you anything to get you out there to look at the car. Please don't waist your time.

Back