• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water leak......

Okay guys, I need some help in figuring out a water leak. After having dinner tonight while there is a torrential downpour, when I hit the brakes the first time, my girlfriend "calmly" (not really) bursts out that her feet are getting wet. Anyway, I look on the passenger floor and there's water everywhere. When I got home, I felt around under the dash and the keyless remote control box is all wet. It seems that I have a leak coming from somewhere. Now, since I usually never look at the passenger footwell, I never knew about this before. The only thing I can think of is that when my windshield was replaced that they didn't seal it up properly.

So, the question is, where should I look and how should I try to find the origination of the leak??

-TIA

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lane (edited 07 June 2002).]

There is a hole in the firewall on the pass side. There should be a rubber boot protecting the hole, you may wish to look and see if it is leaking.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

It may also just be a coincidence and there is not any external leak afterall. Do you run your air conditioning? It is common for the condensation to pour out of the vent in the footwell when the drain hose is blocked. It amounts to a ton of water. Try running your air for a while and take a hard left a see if water pours out of the vent. Just a guess. If it is the drain hose, then get it up in the air and give it a quick shot of compressed air at an angle to dislodge any debris. Otherwise, you have a leak still.
biggrin.gif

I had this twice with my old LeBaron; the drain tube would normally get folded in two, stop up, and then you get to play in the water on left turns.
smile.gif
In my case, I had to cut the tube to keep it from folding up on itself, just something to check while you're in there (I haven't checked yet on my NSX). Good luck!

Dr. Lane,

If it is as Nsxotic says make sure you get this corrected. I have a friend that recently asked me to look at his 1996 Accord. It was sending steam up onto the windshield. The car had 36K miles and needed a heater core. I thought that was ridiculously early for a Honda of any kind to need a heater core. But..... The drain hose Nsxotic mentioned was clogged for a while and the heater core rotted out from the outside in, since it was sitting in standing water. And yes the floor was wet.

The dealer wanted $1300 to fix it in the Accord. Need I say more??

If you want to check the windshield you can take a hose and let the water run down the windshield, and /or spray directrly on the windshield with good force and see if you get water in.

HTH,
LarryB

Back