• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oem zanardi suspension + coil over kit

I think most nsx owners agree that the oem zanardi suspension is a very good setup. I have a question for you suspension gurus:

Will adding a coil over kit (like the dali kit) onto the zanardi suspension alter its performance? The goal is to lower the car and yet retain the zanardi suspension characteristic.

Any thoughts?

The DON

Yes, lowering it will alter its performance. The Zanardi Springs are matched to the Zanardi dampers. Any change to the springs will result in a mismatch because the dampers are not adjustable.

Originally posted by The DON:
I think most nsx owners agree that the oem zanardi suspension is a very good setup. I have a question for you suspension gurus:

Will adding a coil over kit (like the dali kit) onto the zanardi suspension alter its performance? The goal is to lower the car and yet retain the zanardi suspension characteristic.

Any thoughts?

The DON

------------------
acrmotorsports_1681_33419

www.acrmotorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 21 June 2002).]

Originally posted by ACR_Motorsports:
Yes, lowering it will alter its performance. The Zanardi Springs are matched to the Zanardi dampers. Any change to the springs will result in a mismatch because the dampers are not adjustable.

Could it be possible to change the position of the spring pearch on the OEM shocks to alter the ride hight with the OEM springs? Or better yet remove the pearch and fabricate a threaded adjustable ride height spring pearch on the OEM Zanardi shocks. This way keep the origional dampening and spring rate, yet adjust the ride height.

-Eric

I've seen a company before that modified an OEM shock from an eclipse to make it adjustable. I think they were called bell-tech but I'm not sure. In any case, I think ground-control sells those threaded "sleeves" that can add adjustable perches to ur OEM shock.

Ryan

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 21 June 2002).]

Originally posted by ACR_Motorsports:

Assuming you don't lower it excessively and your suspension will still be able to travel throughout it's effective range when needed, yes, it will affect performance. It will be better.

1-1.5" lowering most likely won't make your suspension bottoms out and most likely will keep the suspension at its effective working range at the track. On the street, it might not, since the road condition is very unpredictable. However, with that being said, modern shocks has a bump stops that made of special material (I forgot what it is, but I'll look it up). And it should not considered as a bump stops, rather an integral parts a the suspension.

We also know that lowering center of gravity, is one of the most effective way reducing load transfer. This is a big improvement in cornering capacity.

One note: Most of the aftermarket adjustable spring perch (like the one Dali sells), sits on the original spring perch. This will add ride height instead of lowering in Zanardi suspension. Most of the aftermarket spring perch are mate with lower springs so if you put the adjustments at the lowest point it will be lower than the stock ones.

Of course, I have no experience with Dali particular products. But I've seen similar products, and used them before. Dali product seem to do exactly the same.

In that case, anybody knows if the spring perch on the oem zanardi shock can be removed? Hex off? Cut?

The DON

Back