• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda badge

Can someone tell me where I can buy a
Acura or R-type logo for the front?
I have a 'H' on mine and I would like to change it.
We do not have Acura in Europe, I think.
Duke

You should be able to buy it from any Acura dealer in the United States.

One particular dealer that does a lot of discount parts business over the internet is A & H Motorsports.

The part number for the Acura emblem on the front bumper is 75700-SL0-A03. The part number for the "push nut" below the bumper that holds it on is 90190-SB2-000.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 July 2002).]

Just wanna be different. It's especially funny in the U.S. where Honda is thought of as an "economy" car, hence the reason why the Acura name was invented - for us brand conscious Americans! I heard there was a *huge* debate as whether to badge the S2000 as a Honda or as an Acura in the U.S.

Anyway, my NSX is all Honda badged, down to the airbag and tape deck flap. I still get more than my share of questions at the gas station from confused onlookers such as “what kind of Honda is THAT” or “wow, that’s an export model NSX”

I guess in Japan, Europe or elsewhere where the NSX is a Honda, the decision to re-badge as an Acura is either being from brand conscious, or just to be different, or both.

Originally posted by K-Dawg:
funny how people in us look for honda stuff and people in europe even Japan look for the acura stuff.

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

I find this kinda odd. Just about everyone I've ever come across knows that Acura IS Honda (as in cheap econobox), whreas most of them doesn't even know that a LEXUS IS an upscaled Toyota and INFINITI IS really a NISSAN. THose who know about this sees a LEXUS or INFINITY as an equal to BMW or BENZ but Acura STILL remains just another HONDA. WHAT ??? That's NOT FAIR!

Eh Eh
smile.gif
!
Here NOBODY knows Acura since it does not exist at all in Europe. And people see my "Acura"
wink.gif
and thinks that it is an unknown hanmade low production exotic, exactely like Pagani or Koenigsegg!.

Duke, I have two "A" emblem for sale, look in the "Europe" forum (I ordered the 2002 chromed "A").

PS: I understood that in the US people has a much better opinion of Honda. Here it is just another japanese cheap car! That is one of the reason I had to switch brand on mine.
Another reason is my love for Honda Switzerland: I would never do advertisiong for them by driving my nice car!
mad.gif

gheba,
that is exactly why I want to change the
badge. I am tired of people looking at my
car and than walk away with a smile that
means 'oh, it's just a honda'.
gheba, you've got mail.

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:
I find this kinda odd. Just about everyone I've ever come across knows that Acura IS Honda (as in cheap econobox), whreas most of them doesn't even know that a LEXUS IS an upscaled Toyota and INFINITI IS really a NISSAN. THose who know about this sees a LEXUS or INFINITY as an equal to BMW or BENZ but Acura STILL remains just another HONDA. WHAT ??? That's NOT FAIR!

This is exactly why Acura did away with model names like Legend and Integra in favor of alphanumeric designations; they felt that the Acura brand name was not well known because people would say, "I drive a Legend", and not, "I drive an Acura" the way they say "I drive a Lexus".

Back