• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax Please and Comments on JH4NA1158MT002150

Ton

Carfax Please and Comments on this Vehicle

Vin is JH4NA1158MT002150. Seller never returns emails and I am trying to contact him so my friend in NY can go take a look at the car. Tell me what you guys think about this vehicle, and how much I should pay for it. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Your comments, help, and ideas are greatly appreciate for I am not that knowledgeable about cars. Thanks =) This car is selling on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1853570346

humm this cars about 15 minutes from me
By the way they did not make a targa top in 1991.This was a conversion and probably why the car is so cheap.

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 24 August 2002).]

Ton,

This car has been on eBay many times.

It's been modified to resemble a NSX-T. I say resemble because there's no way this car is close to being a NSX-T.

When Honda designed that NSX they publically said they would not be coming out with a convertible or an open roof design. The structure, they said, was designed only for a solid roof coupe. Fair enough.

However, a few years later and through much redesign and modification Honda was able to stiffen the chassis up enough (although many would say, not quite enough) to withstand chopping the roof panel out.

They did a minor design miracle in the rocker panel and aluminum chassis to accomodate this design update.

Therefore, when you see an aftermarket chop job done on a early model NSX, you can be sure that the underlying structure was not really designed to support the elimination of a key structural element as the roof.

I would RUN, and not walk away from this or any other similar chop job, regardless of how cosmetically well it might have been done.

In my opinion, this car is only good for component parts or if it sold for a very low amount (i.e. $10K-$15K) for someone to weld back in the roof section (assuming a professional aluminum TIG weld job with stiffeners of course) for a track car or NSX beater car.

Sorry, but you did ask for opinions.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Thank you very much for all your input, I am not much of a car professional, so I never considered the intangibles you've raised up. All your honest opinions have helped me, thank you.

Spring Pling, Summer Phun. This guy been tring to sell that bucket for over a year now. I think that car should have a salvage title for the damage he did to it.

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061

Back