• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used window regulators?

After 10K miles on my 91 my window regulator is busted (window won't go up). Any place to buy one used or do i need to bite the bullet and get a new one?

[This message has been edited by hondaholic (edited 05 September 2002).]

I wouldn't buy one used unless I were absolutely certain that it was the new-style regulator, or one that had been fixed with the fix-it thingies. You can tell the difference in the photos in this thread.

The problem is, there aren't going to be many used regulators that are new-style or fix-it-fixed. People wouldn't have any reason to remove them from the car, short of converting the NSX to an all-out race car (extremely rare). I would try a place like ERZ, but if they don't have it, buy a new one. If you're putting it in yourself, you can get one at a discount from the usual dealers such as Eric Milam at Niello Acura.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I wouldn't buy one used unless I were absolutely certain that it was the new-style regulator, or one that had been fixed with the fix-it thingies. You can tell the difference in the photos in this thread.

The problem is, there aren't going to be many used regulators that are new-style or fix-it-fixed. People wouldn't have any reason to remove them from the car, short of converting the NSX to an all-out race car (extremely rare). I would try a place like ERZ, but if they don't have it, buy a new one. If you're putting it in yourself, you can get one at a discount from the usual dealers such as Eric Milam at Niello Acura.

Thanks alot. that clears things up.

Back