• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Weight of OEM NSX Hood?

I will go home tonight and weigh my white one, but since white is lighter than any other color NSX paint (except red), it may not be "accurate"
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I just had to throw that one in there, but I will weigh in on this topic tomorrow!

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

Originally posted by ncdogdoc:
I will go home tonight and weigh my white one, but since white is lighter than any other color NSX paint (except red), it may not be "accurate"
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I just had to throw that one in there, but I will weigh in on this topic tomorrow!

That was bad.
smile.gif

I thought every NSX owner has his original hood hanging on the wall of his garage.
frown.gif

Mine (red) weighs 15 pounds.

I figure the accuracy of this number is within about half a pound. If only I had a scale that was designed to handle a wide variety of sizes, so that it could be used for something so large yet so light, I could report accuracy within a tenth of a pound. Gee, that scale at my veterinarian's office would be just about perfect...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 December 2002).]

Thanks Ken, I did deserve that one after my really bad set of puns above.

White hood with windshield spray nozzles and tubing --- 15.2lbs.

Suprisingly, as it feels heavier when lifted, the rear spoiler (with LED) weighs in at 12lbs.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

FWIW, I weighed my hood without the windshield spray nozzles and tubing, so they can't weigh more than a few ounces at most.

Back