• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS Wheels - Dali Site

Hello All, glad to be here...
I just bought a 94 Green/Tan with 41K kms.

I'm interested in the BBS 3 piece gold centered wheels on the Dali site. They don't look quite like the LM's I've seen in the gallery. A few questions:
a) What BBS model are they?
b) How much do these weigh? (There is a weight shown but it's not for the size he sells)
c) Does anyone here run those wheels? If so can you post an image that's a little higher resolution than what's shown on Dali site.
d) What are the offsets?

Thanks...
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/wheels/bbs_racing_wheels/bbs_racing_wheels.cfm?focus=1073

Animate, perhaps you should joint our thread at nsx wanted 17/18 wheels and give us some of your input. Chat with you there.

The 3 Piece BBS wheels that Dali Racing has on their site is a Racing Wheel made by BBS.
It is constructed out of forged magnesium rather than cast magnesium like the Technomagnesio wheels. The BBS LM is constructed out of a forged aluminum center and spun aluminum rim halves. I am not 100% sure, but I rememeber that the Realtime Racing NSX also runs the BBS Forged Magnesium Wheels although they a run a center-lock version.

Originally posted by Animate:
Hello All, glad to be here...
I just bought a 94 Green/Tan with 41K kms.

I'm interested in the BBS 3 piece gold centered wheels on the Dali site. They don't look quite like the LM's I've seen in the gallery. A few questions:
a) What BBS model are they?
b) How much do these weigh? (There is a weight shown but it's not for the size he sells)
c) Does anyone here run those wheels? If so can you post an image that's a little higher resolution than what's shown on Dali site.
d) What are the offsets?

Thanks...
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/wheels/bbs_racing_wheels/bbs_racing _wheels.cfm?focus=1073

------------------
www.acrmotorsports.com / 949-929-8973

Shortly after posting here I emailed Dali with several of these questions, (and got a very rapid reply ). They're made to order racing wheels. They're not stocked in any particular offset. The weight of course depends on the size but the example given is 12.5 lbs for an 18x8.5. This sounds very good.

They're the same type as PD Cunningham's except they're not center locking. Hey, is there a center locking setup available for the NSX!?

Fun2.. I've been following that thread too. See you there.

Originally posted by Animate:
Shortly after posting here I emailed Dali with several of these questions, (and got a very rapid reply ). They're made to order racing wheels. They're not stocked in any particular offset. The weight of course depends on the size but the example given is 12.5 lbs for an 18x8.5. This sounds very good.

They're the same type as PD Cunningham's except they're not center locking. Hey, is there a center locking setup available for the NSX!?

Fun2.. I've been following that thread too. See you there.

There actually is a center locking setup for the NSX and it's from Dali racing. I emailed them a while ago about it. I think they said something like It's on a made to order basis. They also sell center-locking BBS wheels.

36: I just found it...
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=844

Very interesting. It's listed at $100 million. Maybe we could do a group buy
smile.gif

Why do racers use center locking? Is it just for faster wheel changes or are there other advantages?

Back