• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Console Colors? Ideas? Suggestions?

I am having my center console painted today (including nav pod) and am having second thoughts on the color choice that I made. My original thought was a flat dark graphite color. The shop painted it and screwed up so they have to refinish and paint it again tomorrow. I saw the color and didn't like it too much. I would love to see/hear of any color recommendations! Thanks!
-james

btw - the back portion of the nav pod is going to be textured black to blend with the dash. the front portion will match the center console.

i have an aftermarket console (to house my aftermarket stereo) so it has to be painted. has anyone every matched the oem color successfully? maybe sampled the armrest control panel? seems like an odd finish. maybe a satin finish?
all i know is flat looked like hell and gloss will most likely reflect too much sunlight. kinda in rut here. anyone?

camp_display_large.jpg

It seems the flat finish of your first try is what disappointed you. If the color is correct don't forget you can spray the finish on top - you can get a semi-gloss that may be quite close.

Sorry for being kinda off-topic... But I think I saw an NSX before with a carbon fiber console... Does anyone know if they're "stickons"? Or is there a carbon console out there?

Originally posted by NSX-GT:
Sorry for being kinda off-topic... But I think I saw an NSX before with a carbon fiber console... Does anyone know if they're "stickons"? Or is there a carbon console out there?

I have a carbon fiber console and they are stick-ons. The previous owner applied it and I decided to just keep it. It's a pain in the ass to take off anyway.

i'm leaning towards flat black (maybe more of a satin finish). been looking at other cars, and the jetta has a nice black finish. subtle, yet nice blend with the dash.

comments?

I think the above picture is of the factory silver in a black car under low light conditions.

I think they were asking for a picture of the center console in black. Matching the color for the center is near impossible. There is a foil underlayment under the finish, and the finish is not a paint, it is a coating.

If anyone can offer a solution to this please speak up! This question is asked often and has never been solved. I wish you luck (Pixelhaus) with your choices. Please post some picks as I am in need of the same service.

Chris's (SOS) dash looked very nice in his white car. It was original, and well done. I saw it in person and likes the light color in the white car. I am not sure it would work as well in a red/black or black/black.

Pjbasso: please help here! You are the expert in this area. Colors, application procedures, your address so we can all send you our dash....

nsxparts.com said:
I think the above picture is of the factory silver in a black car under low light conditions.
The picture in the link is of the factory color, which is black, not silver. I think they may have changed the console color in the past few years to a slightly lighter shade, kind of a charcoal gray...

If you're painting the center console, it might be a good idea to also paint the door arm-rest panels too.

Was anyone able to come up with a color/color code matches for the 1991 center counsel? Or something close. I want to stay with the original color.

as close as it can be, if painting/refinishing...

Was anyone able to come up with a color/color code matches for the 1991 center counsel? Or something close. I want to stay with the original color.

Via the forum "search", this is what others have used: Dupli-Color (Honda) Graphite Grey 88-00928.

Last edited:
I always thought that the NSX interior was kinda understated so I had my console crinkle painted to match the vinyl door and lower console panels. The picture appears to show it lighter but it's almost a dead-on match.
Happy Motoring!

Attachments

• NSX 003.jpg
    NSX 003.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 103
What about going with a lighter color like silver or titainium? Here's a link to a picture of a door panel that has some silver on it for an idea of the contrast if you can ignore the red.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ignature_Series/billet_interior_trim/DSC00233[1].jpg

I cracked the plastic part that goes around the upper dash a/c vents and clock assembly so I am brainstorming a way to make it all look cosmetically acceptable. Painting it with a lighter color has crossed my mind. I think as long as it is not too light it would be a nice contrast and give it all a fresh, clean unique look..... especially if all the plastic in the doors including the handle pulls were painted to match. Thoughts?

Back