• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic Car Mountain Drive in GA 11/11/01

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
Announcing the 3rd Exotic Car Mountain Drive to North Georgia! SUNDAY, November 11th

Mitchel DeFrancis ([email protected]) is coordinating his 3rd Annual Autostrada Exotic Car Mountain Drive to North Georgia on the day after Italian Car Day. This is the 3rd Annual Autostrada Exotic Car Mountain Drive.

Participants will begin assembling at 9:00 AM, the first car will depart at 10:00 AM from the ICD venue, Van Pugh Park in Flowery Branch. The drive is scheduled to be approximately 2-3 hours long and 100-125 miles. There will be maps provided and cars will leave in groups. Last year over 100 exotic cars participated. Those who may be in town for Italian Car Day may wish to join in the drive the following day, which was a huge success in it's own right last year! There is a nominal charge and yes, a "waiver" to sign before participating!

Sponsored by Autostrada Adventures ( http://www.autostradaventures.com ) We
buy, sell, consign and locate any European Exotic automobiles. Fluent in Ferrari and Maserati. For more information on the Exotic Car Mountain Drive, e mail Mitchel DeFrancis: [email protected]

Thank you!

Mitchel DeFrancis

Anyone from Central/South FLORIDA interested in going to this event ??

Are NSXs allowed in the ICD event ??

#####################

addl info from organizer (Mitchel DeFrancis):

Announcing the 3rd Autostrada Exotic Car Mountain Drive to North Georgia!

SUNDAY, November 11th Mitchel DeFrancis and Autostrada Ventures is coordinating the 3rd Annual Autostrada Exotic Car Mountain Drive to North Georgia on the day after Italian Car Day.

This is the 3rd Annual Autostrada Exotic Car Mountain Drive. Participants will begin assembling at 9:00 AM, the first car will depart at 10:00 AM from the ICD venue, Van Pugh Park in Flowery Branch at Lake Lanier. The drive is scheduled to be approximately 2-3 hours long and 100-125 miles. There will be maps provided and cars will leave in groups. Last year over 140 exotic cars participated. Those who may be in town for Italian Car Day may wish to join in the drive the following day, which was a huge success in it's own right last year!

There is a nominal charge and yes, a "waiver" to sign before participating! Sponsored by Autostrada Ventures (www.autostradaventures.com/) We buy, sell, consign and locate any European Exotic automobiles. Fluent in Ferrari and Maserati. For more information on the Exotic Car Mountain Drive, e mail Mitchel DeFrancis: [email protected]
Thank you!

Starting point is the same place as Italina Car Day the day before (see post below):

The venue is beautiful Van Pugh Park, located on a peninsula overlooking the eastern shore of Lake Lanier near Flowery Branch, GA, just a 15 minute drive northwest from the new Mall of Georgia!

see the post below for directions

##############

- $10 entry fee includes a map and information package

- Don't forget your cameras and be sure to fuel the car!

- This is not a race, we must obey all traffic laws and share the road with bicyclists, motorcyclists, joggers and other slower moving vehicles.

- Your passengers if any, may need motion sickness drugs. Take 'em, they will need 'em.

- During our drive, we will be experiencing severe gradiant changes and unbelievable hairpin turns and abrupt corners, be careful by all means...Safety First Please.

- Open to any Exotic, sports or specialty car. No lowriders at all please.

- Last year we had over 140 cars show up and drive with us. I was notified at the bigeinning of this year that I had the largest organized sports car drive in the world. I want to do it again.

- Feel free to contact me (Mitchel deFrancis - [email protected]) with questions!

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 31 October 2001).]

NSXs ARE allowed to participate in the Italian Car Day event.

More details from the organizer are listed below.

Please LMK who is planning to enter their cars, and participate in the drive. Post them here, or send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

------------------

Atlanta's Fifth Annual Italian Car Day
Saturday, November 10th!

The rescheduled date is SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH, the same hours (10 AM to 3 PM) and the same format as last year.

Registration is at the door and open to Italian Cars, Italian Motorcycles, and true European exotics (designated open class). Note: Mitchel has assured me that NSX are welcome.

There is no pre-registration required. Show cars should arrive by 10 AM. Lunch will be served at noon. (No alcohol allowed in the park!) Awards and door prizes announced starting at 2:30 PM

The venue is beautiful Van Pugh Park, located on a peninsula overlooking the eastern shore of Lake Lanier near Flowery Branch, GA, just a 15 minute drive northwest from the new Mall of Georgia !

Registering a car (or Italian cycle) is $10, which includes a hot lunch and a raffle ticket for door prizes to be given away at the end of the show. Extra lunches at $5 each are available should you wish to bring your spouse or the family. The lunch this year includes tossed green salad, grilled chicken or barbecue chicken sandwich, potato salad, baked beans, dessert and soft drinks or bottled water. Please note: No alcohol is allowed in the park! Don't worry if it's a little cooler in the morning, we'll have hot cappuccino waiting and the lunch pavilion has a cozy stone fireplace built in! The pavilion offers a wonderful view of the lake and there is a children's playground nearby with swings, bars and slides for them to enjoy while you're admiring the Italian Artwork at the show! Raffle tickets are $1 each, 12 for $10. Our Italian Car & related vendors were wonderful last year! We have several new sponsors & guests this year listed on the back of the windshield plaquards. Also this year, our new friends from Vespa of Atlanta will be on hand to display the new Italian Scooters!! Yes, Vespa is back in the USA! Waaaay cool!

Awards and Trophies
The show will honor each marque with beautiful "People's Choice Award" trophies (and Italian Cycle class), This year we added an additional People's Choice award for "open" class, "best modified" and, for the first time, the coveted "Best of Show" trophy! Owners of registered cars only will get voting ballots so the winners will be chosen by their peers. The Atlanta Alfa Club will offer special awards for their Alfa winners.

Directions from Atlanta: Take I-85 North toward Suwanee to the I-985 split, heading toward Gainesville on I-985. Take I-985 to Exit #8 (also mile marker 8), Friendship Road. Exit I-985, turning left on to Friendship Road. Stay on Friendship Road past the Publix shopping center for 1 1/2 miles until the traffic light at McEver Road. You will see a new Texaco station on the corner of Friendship Road and McEver Road. Turn right, heading north on McEver Road for 2 miles. Go to the next traffic light and turn left on to Gaines Ferry Road. There is a sign for Van Pugh Park at that intersection. Take Gaines Ferry Road 1 1/2 miles to the North entrance of Van Pugh Park. The Pavilion is on the right.

Quick review From Atlanta: I-85 North to I-985 North. I-985 to Exit #8 Friendship Road. Turn left, follow to McEver Road. Turn Right heading north on McEver Road Turn left at 1st traffic light to Gaines Ferry Road 1 1/2 miles to Van Pugh Park (north entrance).

Directions from Peachtree Industrial Boulevard in Northeast Atlanta: From Atlanta stay north on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard until it becomes Mc Ever Road just north of Buford, GA. Cross Friendship Road, continue to Gaines Ferry Road, turn left on to Gaines Ferry Road. Continue 1 1/2 miles to Van Pugh Park (north entrance)

John Montgomery (Fiat Lancia Unlimited Club) Event Coordinator
E mail: [email protected]
Home Phone 770-932-2380
Cell Phone 864-304-6537

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 31 October 2001).]

Back