• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I was at a Honda dealership with my friend, shopping for an S2K. While going out to my car, this highschool girl and her mom were looking at my honda emblems and were like "that's a honda?" i said, sorta, it's an Acura. She said "It's so cute..." i just smiled and said thanks. i don't know about the rest of you guys, but i didn't buy this car because of it's cuteness... :frown:

Yes, I hate it when the ladies use the word cute to describe the NSX. This is not a SC430, Eclipse or Beetle Convertibles. It is not cute, but serious business. Any other word like good lookin, beautiful, fantastic, etc. would have been fine. Cute is not exceptable, haha

Yes, I hate it when the ladies use the word cute to describe the NSX. This is not a SC430, Eclipse or Beetle Convertibles. It is not cute, but serious business. Any other word like good lookin, beautiful, fantastic, etc. would have been fine. Cute is not exceptable, haha

You obviously have little or no understanding of women. :biggrin:

I was at a Honda dealership with my friend, shopping for an S2K. While going out to my car, this highschool girl and her mom were looking at my honda emblems and were like "that's a honda?" i said, sorta, it's an Acura. She said "It's so cute..." i just smiled and said thanks. i don't know about the rest of you guys, but i didn't buy this car because of it's cuteness... :frown:

Oh I'm so sorry. We were looking for:

"...I saw this high school girl and her mom...she said it was cute...I took them both back to my place."

Oh I'm so sorry. We were looking for:

"...I saw this high school girl and her mom...she said it was cute...I took them both back to my place."

Does she still think it's cute? LoL

I'll chime in.....

So I was at south coast acura with my buddy...who drives a STI, subby dealer next door, we both needed parts. On the way out 3 Japanese gentlemen come out a loaner...2 of them were tourist, both of them said with a facial expression like :eek: " Awwww eenn esss sexxx Uh" I was busting up...thought they see this car in Japan all the time..my buddy just laughed and shook his head.

Just like every other country it only matters to those who like cars.:smile: The ones who do know, have a look of shock and envy when i tell them i'm buying one. I do see them more often in Japan than Oz though! Especially at honda verno, always see one being serviced.:smile:

Sorry if this doesn't belong here but I thought this was a hilarious comment from a former nsx owner on edmunds when comparing the nsx to a dodge challenger:confused: . Don't get me wrong I do like the challenger but this comment was very funny to me.

"Favorite Features
Love the styling and the performance. I get more looks in it than when I had my Acura NSX. Too bad the NSX was unreliable and sort of a chick car"

Quote from http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/challenger/2009/consumerreview.html

Now I have heard a lot of negative comments about the NSX being slow, underpowered, dated, but a unreliable? And a chick car, when over 99 % of the registered owners are male? Wow!!! Oh well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:
Had to tow my nsx yesterday cause I blew the main radiator hose. Called AAA assuming they'd know what an NSX was and to make sure a flat bed truck was sent. They ended up sending a regular tow truck and when the guy pulls up to the house I hear him yell to dispatch, "Dispatch, this is a Ferrari, not an RSX...I am NOT going to tow this thing." :rolleyes:

It was yesterday. I was filling her up, and got inside the gasoline store to buy a "Tuning Cars" (All around Russia) magazine where on 5 pages was my NSX with all the mods I have made, honorable applause-article and gorgeous double-page photo. While looking on shelfs for right magazine and issue, two guys with beer came along and one of them said to another: "Look, this red cheap wreck outside is Honda". I, :mad:: "are you calling MY car a red cheap wreck?!?!". Slim idiot continued: "What's wrong with you man, are you upset? I wonder if it costs 10 US kilo or so? Bulsshit" And they both went to cafe table to drink their beers. Guys, the only reason I did not smash his face was a lot of cameras around. Today I calmed and realized, indeed, it was funniest thing I ever heard about my NSX. :redface:

When leaving a restaurant in West Glacier, MT (Glacier National Park) last month several people walked past the NSX. One guy was authoritatively stating "the NSX was the finest car ever made at any price at any time."

I didn't correct him. Maybe he was correct. :rolleyes:

Maybe he was bias, and an NSX owner.:cool:

It was yesterday. I was filling her up, and got inside the gasoline store to buy a "Tuning Cars" (All around Russia) magazine where on 5 pages was my NSX with all the mods I have made, honorable applause-article and gorgeous double-page photo. While looking on shelfs for right magazine and issue, two guys with beer came along and one of them said to another: "Look, this red cheap wreck outside is Honda". I, :mad:: "are you calling MY car a red cheap wreck?!?!". Slim idiot continued: "What's wrong with you man, are you upset? I wonder if it costs 10 US kilo or so? Bulsshit" And they both went to cafe table to drink their beers. Guys, the only reason I did not smash his face was a lot of cameras around. Today I calmed and realized, indeed, it was funniest thing I ever heard about my NSX. :redface:

Its good to keep your composure...they were obviously envious and were trying to provoke a reaction from you. Congrats on the article.

Aside from the aforementioned comments I did have a fast food sever ask me at the drive through if my car was a prelude conversion with the engine in the back. I said google nsx. He asked me where he could find google. I actually felt really bad when I realized he wasn't joking. So I spent the next 10 minutes explaining how to find google.

I will be picking mine up in a week or two, but the gf says it looks like the batmobile. I said batman is badA$$.

I will be picking mine up in a week or two, but the gf says it looks like the batmobile. I said batman is badA$$.

I purchased my first NSX when I was working in Scotland. I bought the car in England and had it shipped to my office in Glasgow. When the truck arrived, the word got out and there were lots and lots of people waiting for it to be taken off the truck. When the delivery people pulled it out of the van, it being black on black, someone in the crowd shouted out, "Oh my God. It's the Batmobile!"

There were only 13 in the entire of Scotland, so it was quite a site.

My neighbor from two houses down across the street was in his drive way when I pulled into my garage one day (my car is almost always in the garage with the door closed). He screamed HOWLY SH** YOU HAVE AN NSX, then he proceeded to cross the street yelling OMG THAT IS AN NSX....you have a F**CK*** NSX in your garage!

He went on for about five minutes.

He drives a TSX and has been an Acura driver for years.....

Whatever you do....DO NOT type GOOGLE into Google.

You can break the Internet. I'm not kidding, I am the director of IT and I have it on good authority...if you type Google into Google you can....BREAK the internet.

.....DAMN I love the I.T. Crowd!

When I first brought the NSX home. My wife asks my 4 year old son if mommy can drive the car. Without any prior coaching from me my son says "Nooooo, that's a man's car!" :)

The other funny comment I got was when I owned a 94 Camaro Z28 6 spd. I pull up to a friend's house for a BBQ and one of the guys says "Wow, nice Saturn!" :p Everyone burst out into laughter. We bagged on him the rest of the night for that comment.

I was in a drive true once getting a coffee and and heard someone yelling behind me. i look in my side mirror and this guy in an old beat up S10 right behind me in line had the door open and was half out of the truck. When I looked at him he asked me if it was a REAL NSX. Wasn't aware they made fake ones but just said yes took my coffee and left.

Another post. Me being in the military you dont see many guys owning an NSX. I recently just transfered duty station to Japan. Now its rare enough to find a NSX on a military base but a U.S spec on a military base. I was at my command picnic and I drove up to park but where the road leads to the parking area is where the picnic was at. all i got was Gawking from everyone. So i parked and everyone swarms to look at it before i even get out of the car. Now all my higher up's (CO, XO and down) are all looking at it and the CO goes to his wife and was like " hunny i'm getting one of those next!" then they ask me to see my engine, so they crowded around the hood i was like

me-" SIR... my engine is back here"

Officers-" oh what? really! then whats here, the 2nd engine?

me-" thats where my spare tire use to go..."

Officer-" Wow its like a ferrari but made by Acura"

me-" i'mma go grab some food... i'll be back"

it feel nice cause some of the JO's ( junior officers) g/f where looking at me and smiling telling me i have a nice or cool car, but thats a no no! =x

I have an 02 black Thunderbird, that does look like the Batmobile from inside, but i digress. I got my NSX about 4 months ago, and took my 10 year old daughter, and 9 year old son out for rides. Molly thought it was cool and dubbed it the mini car, as it is so short. Luke (who will be an engineer some day) kept watching me shift, and asking why I kept moving the shifter. I had forgotten that the last manual we had was my oldest sons, and he left for collage 7 years ago, so they had never see anything but an automatic, so I did my best to explane why. Never the less, after checking out the rest of the car, inside and out, Luke proclaimed it "Awesome". Then I asked if he would like to drive it when he is in High School (I was kidding) he said "NO". I said "why" He said "because it's a manual, not an automatic".:eek:

Last edited:
•• "To Fancy" -- by a 4 year old kid called Nick (nicky) in my street.

•• "How can you Illuminate the road with such small headlights" -- by a temp designer in our studio.

•• "Is that a new Prelude?" -- by a crazy puerto Rican

•• "Is that a Honda?" -- by lots of people

•• "Do you get LOTS of pus**?" -- by a group of kids maybe like 18, a quickly pointed that i get lots of "sausage"

I drive with tinted windows but sometimes people honk etc ... I personally HATE when older guys tell me that they own Porsches or have owned sportscars, i just don't like that, i don't care honestly about their lives ... some guys goes far and explain me their finances in like 30 seconds, that i don't like ...

Oscar

Last edited:
last night a guy chased m down in a livery cab at least 10 miles to catchup to me and say "OMG thats an NSX, thats my dream car and your living it" I said yup ave a nice day sir, and he insisted I pll over and get out so he can take pics.

Back