• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Hot chick: "Oh god, I want to have your babies......."

Me: :confused: :redface: :wink:

Hot chick: :redface: " um, *laughs* I was talking about your car"

Me: :mad: :redface: "Shit"

girl talking to her bf (?)

girl: "Is that a Ferrari?"

guy : "No, it's some piece of shit Nissan NXS"

guy and girl walk to their car and get in. He starts it up, and drives off in his faded Chevy Cavalier.

Is that a Lamborghini or the new Vette?

I actually got this from a Corvette owner :eek:

"your car is made by 'ACURA'? Honda made one just like this in 1990".

Honda and Acura are the same company...

"NO, and I know Honda made a car just like yours!".

(he was on the DUH patrol):rolleyes: :biggrin:

I had a guy come up to me at wal-mart convinced that Honda AND Acura made the same car, and wanted to know if mine was the Honda, or the Acura version.... :confused:

'WOW! You realy put some effort in that civic!" (he was serious)

Got that one, but he asked what kind of car it was originally lol

got the same thing at fast food drive thru.

also had a 50+ lady say: "i bet you get a lot of girls in that car"

Get that almost every time I fill up with gas. Maybe it is because I'm so young :confused: I tell them, yes, but my wife doesn't like when I bring them home :biggrin:

My personal trainer who's not a car guy at all came out the first time I met him and said 'Holly sh**, I've never seen a lamborghini in real life!'.
I thought it was funny.

Another time I was grocery shopping and came out to see this older couple walking around my car. I get closer and the wife says "Is this really an Acura!".

Guy at walmart: what's that.
Me: its an Acura
Guy: oh I thought it was an import.

random guy that slows down while i'm washing the nsx in the driveway

guy: yo man what kinda car is that
me: its a honda
guy: No seriously what kinda car is that
me: its a honda
guy: Dont gotta be an ass, i was just curious but whatever
me: ....

This isn't about what someone said because I was too far away to hear. Today I went to a small local park, kind of tucked away off a side street out in the suburbs. Only 2 other cars there besides mine. I went for a walk for about 30 minutes or so, when I saw an elderly couple(65'+) walking by my car, the old man looked at the front, had a puzzled look on his face, then walked slowly around to the back to see what it was, while his wife stood there impatiently. About 10 minutes later an SUV stopped in the middle of the road for a couple minutes , just starring at it (maybe taking pics with his cell phone, I couldn't tell. This happened in just a 30 minute space in time, in a relatively secluded place. Makes me wonder how often this happens when I'm not in a position to watch. The NSX even stops the elderly in their tracks !

Besides the "Nice camaro" I got once which I about died. The funniest and yet saddest was at a Honda dealership.

I pull up in the nsx and park about 100 feet from the doors to look at an
s2000. Obviously the sales guy comes out immediately so I approach him and we meet about halfway. He asks. So you like that s2000 eh? I said yes its nice. Im looking for a dailey driver. He says whats wrong with what your driving (the nsx). I said I like to keep the miles off her. He then says well its a pretty car but that s2000 will smoke that thing. I chuckle and reply oh really. He says yea. "vtec" I laughed. I start to walk away as I felt I was on an episode of punked. He says well what does that thing have in it? I replied vtec and he looked like he saw a ghost. I walked to my car and needless to say never returned to that dealership again.

Besides the "Nice camaro" I got once which I about died. The funniest and yet saddest was at a Honda dealership.

I pull up in the nsx and park about 100 feet from the doors to look at an
s2000. Obviously the sales guy comes out immediately so I approach him and we meet about halfway. He asks. So you like that s2000 eh? I said yes its nice. Im looking for a dailey driver. He says whats wrong with what your driving (the nsx). I said I like to keep the miles off her. He then says well its a pretty car but that s2000 will smoke that thing. I chuckle and reply oh really. He says yea. "vtec" I laughed. I start to walk away as I felt I was on an episode of punked. He says well what does that thing have in it? I replied vtec and he looked like he saw a ghost. I walked to my car and needless to say never returned to that dealership again.

LOL that made my night...

"So thats an Integra right?" -from a guy who worked at an autoparts store who just happened to be outside on his smoke break.

"This is an Acura NSX, the fastest production car ever."- some middle aged guy showing off his car knowledge when I had my car parked a couple years ago at the Woodward Dream Cruise....... I didn't correct him.

This is not what someone said, but what hey did...

When I bought my 2002 NSX from out of state, I had to have it smog'd before I could register it. Here in California, they put the cars on a dyno and run it at driving speed.

I take it to my favorite smog station and the technician pulls the car up and sets the front tires on the dyno rollers. I remain silent... watching out of the corner of my eye, trying not to laugh. The technician then pops the front hood, lifts it up, and stares at it for a second.

The owner of the smog station yells at him, "The engine is in the back on those."

So the technician pulls the car forward and puts the rear tires on the dyno rollers. Gets out, opens the trunk, and again, stares at it for a moment.

You had to see the look on this poor guys face... I finally stepped in (with a big grin.)

At a Porsche event, a gentleman who owned an older 911 commented that the NSX only had 290 HP and was powered by a 6-cylinder engine and asked wasn't it pretty slow? A fellow 911 owner standing beside us looked at him with dismay and said you are kidding right? The guy said what do you mean? He said the last time I checked, 911's were powered by 6-cylinder engines and it was not until 1999, with the 996, that they hit near 290 HP. I think he still did not get it. Oh, well.:redface:

When I bought my 2002 NSX from out of state, I had to have it smog'd before I could register it. Here in California, they put the cars on a dyno and run it at driving speed.

I take it to my favorite smog station and the technician pulls the car up and sets the front tires on the dyno rollers. I remain silent... watching out of the corner of my eye, trying not to laugh. The technician then pops the front hood, lifts it up, and stares at it for a second.

The owner of the smog station yells at him, "The engine is in the back on those."

So the technician pulls the car forward and puts the rear tires on the dyno rollers. Gets out, opens the trunk, and again, stares at it for a moment.

You had to see the look on this poor guys face... I finally stepped in (with a big grin.)

that's a good one! I have not yet smog my nsx yet:biggrin:

Greetings

The night mine was delivered, my neighbor was watching out the window. He sent his son over to ask me about my Ferrari. I told the son it was an Acura. He asked me a few days later about my Lamborghini. He refused to believe it was an Acura till I opened the garage door and he saw the logo on it. He is a car fan of pony cars.

Martin

Was in deep elum in Dallas, trendy area, Bentley pulls up with young people, rolls down window.....Bad ass Ferrari dude...I just smile drive off.....:rolleyes:

when i was having problems with my clutch, i was stopped on the side of the road with the glass up, leaning over the engine bay.....

some guy drove by in an F150 and yelled "japanese piece of shit!!"
i thought it was funny, just because it was completely random. :tongue:

We use an interal IM platform at work and I have an avatar of my NSX on the track at Laguna Seca. One of my co-workers saw the avatar and asked about my "Firebird" (the picture is small and GM did use the Red w/ black top on their Camaro). I said, "are you serious?...It's a Camaro!" :biggrin:

I eventually told him that its an NSX and his comment was "some people say that's one of the best built sports cars of all time"

This is just so funny!!!

Almost a year ago at a stop light, a college kid pulled up next to me and yelled "that's my favorited car is Gran Turismo, and in that color. I started laughing as the signal light changed. :biggrin:

Haha, I got that one too.

Cruising downtown Orlando, couple of drunk girls rub there bums down the hood of my car (good thing it was freshly waxed). Couple blocks down, I pulled out the quick detailer to wipe off the smudge. Yeah I know, I'm sad.

Was at a grass roots car show last spring (Drop Fest) with my car. It was just down the street so I figured I would enter. They get a lot of cars but mostly low riders and younger tuners. So I drove through the judging lane, get out of the car, and the guy asked me "so.. what did you do to it?" I askes him "do you know what kind of car this is?". First he said "Lotus" then he said "it must be a kit car". So I asked him if he thought he was qualified to "judge" my car... :rolleyes: He procedes to look it over for 20 seconds and tells me to drive off. I got beat by a 95 civic that had a fetish for blue split loom... :biggrin:

I was at a pit-stop on a recent drive with a few NSXers and a couple of teen girls came up and started to snap a whole lot of pics with a camera. One of the guys with us thought he'd have some fun with them and asked them which of these "Ferraris" was their favorite. They answered with that inimitable "duh" tone of voice that only teen girls can and said, something along the lines of "uh, these aren't Ferraris, these are NSXs..." So my buddy probed further and asked who made them. And they had the right answer, all the way down to "... but Honda *really* makes them... they're just sold here by Acura." Then they picked out their favorite and answered his original question. Then they said, "I'd say that this one would even give Garrett's car some competition." When asked what Garrett drives the answer was:

A Civic EX :mad: (their favorite was mine)

I might change my sig in Prime to include "and possibly even better than Garrett's Civic EX"

J

Back