• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Funniest thing I ever saw was when some guy humped my car, like he wanted to make love to it.
I was picking up my girl at the front door of (Vietnamese) church just as a group of young guys came out. They were so excited about the car that I just wound up standing to the side, arms folded, while they took pictures of each other sitting in it, and, in one case, humping it.
No, he didn't scratch the paint.:biggrin:
I remember what it's like to be a kid and see "awesome" cars such as Ferarris, NSX's, etc., so when possible I'll let them take a look.

Was at a grass roots car show last spring (Drop Fest) with my car. It was just down the street so I figured I would enter. They get a lot of cars but mostly low riders and younger tuners. So I drove through the judging lane, get out of the car, and the guy asked me "so.. what did you do to it?" I askes him "do you know what kind of car this is?". First he said "Lotus" then he said "it must be a kit car". So I asked him if he thought he was qualified to "judge" my car... :rolleyes: He procedes to look it over for 20 seconds and tells me to drive off. I got beat by a 95 civic that had a fetish for blue split loom... :biggrin:

Now that's a classic.:biggrin:

Had a guy walk up to me and ask "What kind of Testarossa is that"? :rolleyes:

At a gas station filling up when a girl in a new Acura RL asks me what kind of car is that. I said it's a Honda, just like yours, and she gets an attitude and said "Mine's an Acura not a Honda". I just said O.K. with a big smile.:biggrin:

This isn't really funny, but it's always bothered me.

I had to go to the grocery so I parked very far away from other cars, all by myself. As I got out of the car I noticed a guy getting out of his vehicle that was parked amongst the cars close to the entry of the grocery.

There was a kid collecting carts in the parking lot to bring them back into the store. This grocery store had a policy of employing mentally challenged individuals to collect carts, bag groceries, etc. Well, this guy yells at the kid and said, "Hay Kid, get that cart over there." There was in fact a "lone cart" about 50 yards from my car. The poor kid slupped over to get the cart.

About 15 minutes later this guy walks up to me in the produce section and said, "I just wanted to make sure that grocery cart wasn't too near your Ferrari and perhaps damage it."

I guess I was just too stunned that this guy yelled at that poor kid and that he thought he was doing me a favor, that the only thing I could say was, "Yeah, right."

On a lighter note, I always love those guys that honk and give me the finger.:biggrin:

Kids . . .

I was at a car show recently and a teen, 14, maybe 15 or 16, says "Does this have a K20?"

I look at him rather befuddled. He says rather condescendingly "Oh, you don't know." Then adds confidently "Yeah, it's got a K20."

"No, it's not a K20. It's not a four-cylinder. It has a V6."

He looks in the engine bay. Five minutes later he's on his cell phone and goes "No, man, it's got a V6!" as if he had just discovered the New World.

Kids . . .

Was going through a drive through out in rural Texas, the attendent said he had an integra and wanted to know what body kit I had so that he could make his look like mine.

I pulled up to a red light in my black 91 and this lady rolled down her window and she said "Nice car is that a Fiero?" ............:redface:

[On a lighter note, I always love those guys that honk and give me the finger.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

This happens to me even when I am doing the speed limit.
I love the tail gater that even gets more pissed when you down shift with no brake

Norm, I had one of those recently too.

Middle aged guy pulled up next to me at a stoplight, and we had this conversation with him leaning out the window:

"Man, somebody did a great job on that bodykit. (very sincerely) Who makes that?"

"Uh, Honda/Acura. It came from the factory like this."

"Well, that is the best looking prelude I ever saw."

"Thanks."

My boss from my previous department jogs during lunch, and I just came back from errands at lunch.

She came back with her other jogging buddies, and they saw the NSX when they went out, as well as me when I drove it back in.

She said "Wow, with a car like that, you're allowed to take 2 parking spots"

lols

I was driving my car back from the Dealer in Maryland I bought it from, up through the heart of Pennsylvania (you know, where you can tell you're approaching a town because you see the billboard for the sex shops a mile outside of town)

We'll it was a long drive, and so we stopped for a subway at a gas station/subway combo (want gas with your sandwich?)

I was wearing a Ferrari Team shirt. Guy with pickup with gun-rack comes up to me:
guy: Nice car, we don't get a lot of Ferraris here
red: Its actually a Honda/Acura
guy: It has Ferrari badges all over it
red: no, they're acura symbols
guy: You don't have to be embarrassed you drive a Ferrari - I know its a Ferrari
red: No, its an Acura NSX
guy: look, its says Ferrari on it, it IS a Ferrari, I've seen one before you know
red: OK

I saw someone also get this earlier in the thread.. I was at a gas station once and the fellow working there thought it was "the new Pontiac," I suppose referring to the Solstice?

I got so sad :(

But I've also had people offer to have sex with it multiple times. lol What do you say to a bunch of kids that openly want to have sex with your car? Careful, she spits?

Everytime i drive mine downtown Toronto i get a new story and new laughs. One time i was at a set of lights, this guy is walking across the street screaming on the phone at his girlfriend, i heard him yell " listen i gotta go, im here" than he takes his cell phone and starts taking pictures of me in the car, he tells me before he dies hes getting one of these new vette's. he stood infront of me so i couldnt move, until people started honking and everyone around was laughing their ass's off.

One time i was pulled over because i have full exhaust with taitec test pipes, and it was echoing off the buildings and " distracing people". This cop was 25 yrs old MAX. He tells me the car is too loud, i tell him its a sports car and the buildings r making it seem louder than it is. He tells me to pop the hood, so i pop it. he cant open it so he tells me to do it. I open the hood and he looks at me and says " smartass huh". "Pop the damn trunk". I figure hey, this is going to be funny. so i pop the trunk and he looks at my amplifier and big empty space. He looks at me and says " that just got u a ticket smartass". went to the car, came back and gave me a ticket for impropper muffler, hahaha. Worth every penny.

Everytime i drive mine downtown Toronto i get a new story and new laughs. One time i was at a set of lights, this guy is walking across the street screaming on the phone at his girlfriend, i heard him yell " listen i gotta go, im here" than he takes his cell phone and starts taking pictures of me in the car, he tells me before he dies hes getting one of these new vette's. he stood infront of me so i couldnt move, until people started honking and everyone around was laughing their ass's off.

One time i was pulled over because i have full exhaust with taitec test pipes, and it was echoing off the buildings and " distracing people". This cop was 25 yrs old MAX. He tells me the car is too loud, i tell him its a sports car and the buildings r making it seem louder than it is. He tells me to pop the hood, so i pop it. he cant open it so he tells me to do it. I open the hood and he looks at me and says " smartass huh". "Pop the damn trunk". I figure hey, this is going to be funny. so i pop the trunk and he looks at my amplifier and big empty space. He looks at me and says " that just got u a ticket smartass". went to the car, came back and gave me a ticket for impropper muffler, hahaha. Worth every penny.

LMAO Gotta love tdot cops!

Walking out after a company party, my boss (who restored and drives a vintage jaguar) says "Hey, how about we trade cars for a while?".

And he was serious...

1 day when i took my car on a trip to NC i was in the parking lot of my hotel putting my bags in my trunk and a guy said "wow you have a Lamborghini trunk, do you have Lamborghini doors too?". I just looked at his with a smile thinking in my head wtf is a Lamborghini trunk lol and i just laughed and replied "nope no lambo doors here".

[/QUOTE]This happens to me even when I am doing the speed limit.
I love the tail gater that even gets more pissed when you down shift with no brake[/QUOTE]

Lol I do the same when I'm being tailgated, downshift to slow down and watch there reaction in my rearview :biggrin:

A kid yelled at me, asking if i could'nt afford a real Ferrari? :rolleyes:

A few years ago, I was sitting in traffic downtown. There were three 20 year olds walking down the block towards my direction. When they were about 20 yards away, one of them points to my car and says with excitement "Hey look! A Ferrari!" When they were about 10 yards closer, the same guy says "Oh, it's only an Acura".

Back